CSUN Unviels New Identity

uuh70

Cal State Northridge received a complete overhaul today. I'm still on the fence. I preferred the old logo but it might grow on me. What do you guys think

For Comparison:

Old Logo/Uniform

5473_cal_state_northridge_matadors-prima

JOSH_GREENE_-_-E.jpg

BW%20BASKETBALL%20Countdown%202013-14%20

New Logo

CSUN-Athletics-logo.png?resize=218%2C234

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

I like it, but it does have a lot of the same feel as the University of San Diego.

smgecw5seeb2a282cs79z64oo.png

I agree this is close... but the new logo is much better than their napkin drawing they had before.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

That logo will look good for a long time. When this fad of focusing on abbreviations goes away in a few years, then I'm sure the university will phase in a new "Northridge" wordmark.

I'm glad they're using an already-existing abbreviation that is unique and not silly (PHX or OKC in the NBA).

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I think the new font is an upgrade, however, the new logo has the same problems in the growing trend of modern sports logo. It's overshadowed and heavily relies on black.

That logo will look good for a long time. When this fad of focusing on abbreviations goes away in a few years, then I'm sure the university will phase in a new "Northridge" wordmark.

I'm glad they're using an already-existing abbreviation that is unique and not silly (PHX or OKC in the NBA).

nobody says northridge around here

They say csun (pronounced C-sun)

I like the new logos and everything. The cape takes up an awful large percentage of the primary logo, but that would be my only small complaint. I do like how the cape dips into the negative space between the C and S in CSUN. I always like little nuances like that.

The old logo was not that good. It was way too detailed and the hands didn't even look like they were grasping the N properly.

Until I watched that video, I had no idea Reggie Theus was coaching there.

Nice, though it seems a bit odd to emphasize "CSUN" instead of Northridge.

Most of my family went there and all I ever hear from them is C-SUN this and C-SUN that. Plus all of the free gear I got from them says CSUN on it. My guess is it's been a thing on campus for awhile and now they are pushing it to the forefront.

Archived