Fullarmor's New England Soccer League - Saint John Rovers (New Brunswick)

Fullarmor

Firstly known as the New Bedford FC in 1913, they took the nickname Whalers in 1915. They stopped their activities in 1918 until another club of the same name was created in 1924 and merged into Fall River FC in 1931. However, a third New Bedford Whalers was active from 1931 to Fall 1932. The Great Depression has seriously jeopardized the existence of the Whalers and we will not see any sign of life until 2008, where an investor recreated the club for a fourth time, with the hall of fame of the previous Whalers making it one of the most important clubs of the NESL.

1403444426-04.png

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

Simple and effective. I like the anchor, but I don't really like the font you used for "WHALERS". Looks like Impact. Maybe you create your own font in Illustrator or something.

You could also give the anchor some two-shade, kind of 3-D design using gray as the shadow color in contrast to white for the highlight parts.

“Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ––George Carlin

Well, what if I post a recap' with all the logo (and they're going to be uncovered) and the end of the NESL I, would it be okay Rinoliro?

For the Whalers' font, I spent a lot of time on it without being totally satisfied when it was finished. I'll rework it. And the 3D look-alike is a good idea, I just have to practice my skills with shadows and I'll post a rerebrand!

Living in New England for most of my life, specifically Nashua NH now (would be a good team I think as well), I think this will be awesome to watch unfold. That Manchester color scheme is very nice, would just recommend changing the text on the crest since it doesn't work grammatically. Perhaps just Sporting Club of New Hampshire in the style of Sporting Clube de Portugal/Sporting Lisbon?

Well, I'm not so sure to come back to it Rinoliro, I guess that I'm rather going to create other threads like this one, with specific located leagues. The next one will probably be centered around the middle Atlantic states (DC, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and both Virginias) since I've done some concepts that I like in this area.

And indeed Papadopoulos, I had already registered Nashua (with Concord, Dover, Exeter, Hanover, Keene, North End - Manchester - and Londonderry) as a pretender to host a second division team. No doubt I'll retain two New Hampshirite cities for this tier.
For the Sporting, I liked the idea of ​​having a long name on the logo to be in accord with this notion of ​​prestige and seniority, even if their usual appellation is much shorter. What's wrong with the grammar (I really don't know, as English is not my mother thongue)? Also, I prefer that teams keep a trace of their city/town/borough in their name instead of a bigger area like a county/state/region. I'm not a big fan of names like SC Portugal, Celtic FC or New England Revolution...

Yeah, I could see Nashua being second division, but glad to hear it being represented.

As for Manchester, I could tell that the long name was intentional, but it was tough for me to think of how to make it longer. Grammatically, "of the New Hampshirite Manchester" is the part that doesn't work. New Hampshirite is always a noun as far as I know so it wouldn't fit in front of Manchester in the name. Maybe "Sporting Football Club of Manchester, New Hampshire" with or without the comma for aesthetic purposes would work still. Even then I think it doesn't sound too prestigious as you have alluded to, but I'll keep thinking if that doesn't work.

The Saint John Rovers Football Club is the merger of two teams: Saint John Field Club and Carleton Soccer Club. They have united in 1993 due to several financial problems and only kept a few youth teams until the creation of the NESL. Thus, they have one of the inexperienced squad for the inaugural season, although, they are catching up with their good infrastructure. After a vote, it was decided that the club logo will be black and white logo on the jersey for this first season to honor the Saint John FC who was playing under these colors and won various local cups.

1404670185-04.png

I think the crest is too dark. I think it's better if you keep the black and white one (like on the kits)

Agreed. Or at least make the small text white because that would be hard to read when it is shrunk down.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived