Soccer Crests Concepts

TorinK92

everton+wall.png

I was looking to update Everton's look. As a fan, I don't find myself liking what they came up with for next season, and obviously I wasn't a fan of what they used this season. What I wanted to do was bring the elements from the old crest that I liked, as well as keep some of the streamlined compact style of crest that the club seems to want to brand themselves with.

(Just for reference if your not familiar: OLD - CURRENT - FUTURE)

The shade of blue used was used by the team of the 80's that won two championships and a FA cup. The interlocking EFC is homage to the club's first official crest, worn in 1920.

C&C is appreciated. I know there are some small errors in the crest, and I'm going to work to get those fixed as well. (mea culpa :))

I'm going to try to get some different teams up by the weekend. I'd be glad to do any requests.

It kind of seems like an older logo but maybe it's just me. Get rid of the EFC at the top and I guess it's OK. I'm a fan myself and I did like the logo they have for next year so I am kind of impartial to new suggestions.

everton+wall.png

Okay, so I made a few changes here. Notably I removed the EFC from the top, and altered the ribbon shape to give it more classic feel and to give space to enlarge the laurel wreaths. I also edited the outline on the centre part so that there wasn't so much white, as to give it some balance.

It is pretty busy. But it seems too wide with the way the ribbons cut 90° to the left and right. You need consistency in the text size from one side to the other. Also, the line weights are all over the place. That definitely needs to be cleaned up.

gYH2mW9.png

I agree with the above comments that it is too busy, the line thicknesses need to be more consistent and that the banner is too prominent.

I would suggest making the shield bigger in proportion and throwing the laurels inside the shield next to the top of Prince Ruperts Tower - where they have historically usually been on Everton crests.

I also think there is too much yellow as things stand and I would lose the drop shadow on the EVERTON text below the crest - if not the whole word itself. With the tower, motto and 1878 nobody is going to confuse who this is.

These criticisms aside, a great start and much better than anything I could produce.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

hmm, as another Everton fan - ok, somewhat of a fan, it's hard to watch games - I really don't like the gold outlines. I've always loved the plain blue and white look. I also like the old crest, it had a unique shape to it that - at least for me - was always associated with the club. The ones you have come up seem to be fauxbacks of some sort. I would stick with the old look, maybe slightly modernized but it doesn't need much done, if any.

The motto is still not fitting well in the banner. I would suggest shrinking the font more so that you have more space top and bottom, then increase the letter spacing to fill the entire banner.

Another issue is with the shape of the crest. It tapers in at the top, right where you are trying to fit the two laurels. It makes things cluttered at the top.

It's certainly coming along though!

Archived