Menards Logo

Bmac

We don't have Menards down south, so the only things I know about them are racing related (Frank Kimmel and Paul Menard). But I've always hated their logo, or at least that Menard's car is always the same paint scheme, with just the hood changed out with different sponsors. Many times the hood is black with a full yellow car and it makes no sense. It could be either of those reasons that I've never liked their logo. But I really like your design. Very clean, modern, and personally, I can take it more seriously than their current one.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm actually digging the imperfection in the letterforms of the wordmark, I think it pulls just enough of that old brand in. I'd clean up the shadows a little bit so they're connecting (see the top left of the M, for instance). The biggest thing I take issue with here is the main shape of the logo. In my opinion, the 'house' shape is 100% undoubtedly owned by Lowes (and their derpy 's') in the home improvement arena. It's not the same exact shape, but it's close enough to make me think about it.

I'm in Wisconsin, and thus, very familiar with Menards. They could slap your design on their buildings tomorrow and it'd look like its been there for 20 years. Well done!

I'm actually digging the imperfection in the letterforms of the wordmark, I think it pulls just enough of that old brand in. I'd clean up the shadows a little bit so they're connecting (see the top left of the M, for instance). The biggest thing I take issue with here is the main shape of the logo. In my opinion, the 'house' shape is 100% undoubtedly owned by Lowes (and their derpy 's') in the home improvement arena. It's not the same exact shape, but it's close enough to make me think about it.

That is all you need in regards to trademark laws...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

shouldnt this be in general design? if not, then I'm bringing my License Plates over here lol.

We don't have Menard's here in Canada, but I am familiar with it. I guess the current logo would appear to be a little childish and is due for an update. I think if you stretch the wordmark a bit, it could work.

Yeah, this should probably go in the General Design forum. That being said, I never thought I'd see a Menard's concept on here! I agree their logo (and their stores for that matter) are pretty outdated, although they seem to be making an effort recently to update some aspects. I agree with Doug that the "house" shape is pretty much owned by Lowe's. I think something you could try to incorporate are the red flags I see popping up on most new Menard's stores.

1659602-L.jpg

I understand why you're trying to keep the yellow, orange, and red from the old logo, but you could use this as an opportunity to get of what I think is the most "old-school" part of the logo. Most of their interior decor now is green signs, with white text and a black drop shadow. I also realized that the green inside the store is much brighter than the forest green on the outdoor signs, just like you have on your logo.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Having moved to the West Coast, I miss Menards from my Nebraska days. Great alternative to Home Depot / Lowes and usually much better prices and selection.

Also, when I was in middle school, we thought the store was founded by a pirate who got slapped in the junk. "Arrghhhh! ME NARDS!"

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived