Creamer Concept World Cup - PLEASE SUBMIT

raysox

The World Cup has started! You have a few more days to submit, which is good because I only have about 5 concepts.

the 22nd right? I read that in the rules, but the "few more days" threw me off a little

Yep, I thought from the opening post we had until the 23rd - unless that's changed and I've missed it?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got my home kit done. I have what I think are my final ideas for my away kit and crest but I am yet to "bring them to life".

Probably just like most people, I haven't devoted too much time to it yet because I thought the deadline wasn't until the 23rd. I am personally happy for it to be sooner if need be.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

You guys, submit your paragraph when you submit your concept.

Lets see, this is who I have

Ivory Coast, Netherlands, Spain, Japan, France, Croatia, Iran, and Russia. I've seen England, but waiting on an official submission from Doug. So just email me or PM me on here.

You guys, submit your paragraph when you submit your concept.

Lets see, this is who I have

Ivory Coast, Netherlands, Spain, Japan, France, Croatia, Iran, and Russia. I've seen England, but waiting on an official submission from Doug. So just email me or PM me on here.

In adition to those ones, I have recieved Honduras, Costa Rica, England, Belgium, and Bosnia.

12/32 turned in.

By my count we still need 19 concepts. Get them in! I'm planning on starting the voting Monday!

Ugh. Be on the lookout late tonight or late Sunday then.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Would straight up voting be a good way to decide the next round? Or should we do match ups. Then use real 3 point for a win/1 for a tie/0 for a loss to decide?

That might be fun - mind, in such a case would we judge pairs of kits or pit the home against the away?

Id set up the voting so everyone ranks each group 1-4... 1st gets 4 points, 2nd gets 3, 3rd gets 2, and 4th gets 1.. Then the top two vote getters advance into the knockout round.

Personally I'd avoid dragging voting on to much simply because I think interest gets lost when having so many different votes.. At least thats what I observed in the Champions League contest. As for Greece, man am I struggling with what direction to go with -- it will get done tho.

^^ What he said. That sounds way better and easier on you.

It'd be cool to do matchups AND home vs. away, but that could really bog things down for you, raysox.

Maybe just the matchups?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I would consider giving votes to at least 3 teams. I guess in group stages it wouldn't be as big a deal as with your Euro League competition, but with that I usually felt that there were a few teams that were quite poor and quite a few that were decent to very good. But when I looked at the voting some concepts that were well constructed but didn't fit in the top 5 finished below some quite poor concepts. I think that if there would be more of a ranking from top to bottom the voting would be more accurate. My suggestion is to either go with a 5-3-2-1 or 4-2-1-0 voting system, thus rewarding the top team with an extra point but showing a difference between the third and fourth place concepts.

award%20sig.png

I would consider giving votes to at least 3 teams. I guess in group stages it wouldn't be as big a deal as with your Euro League competition, but with that I usually felt that there were a few teams that were quite poor and quite a few that were decent to very good. But when I looked at the voting some concepts that were well constructed but didn't fit in the top 5 finished below some quite poor concepts. I think that if there would be more of a ranking from top to bottom the voting would be more accurate. My suggestion is to either go with a 5-3-2-1 or 4-2-1-0 voting system, thus rewarding the top team with an extra point but showing a difference between the third and fourth place concepts.

Come to think of this, I'm with 1-4 rankings.

4-2-1-0 works for me, if no one is going to take offense to not getting a point. If your name isn't highlighted, then please submit ASAP. If we aren't completely submitted by then, I will delay until we get them all in because I'd rather wait than have some groups not be full.
2wp5cmp.png

Archived