FIFA World Cup Redesigns

KubiakDesigns

BRAZIL UPDATE:

I overly simplified everything. On the original I was going for exotic, because Brazil is home to this thing you may have heard of called the Amazon Rain forest. I kept basically the same kits that they have now, except I was not getting rid of the flag on the socks. I simply minimized its usage.

Brazil.png

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you act like he's burning a Brazilian flag in front of your very eyes. It's a concept. If he doesn't try anything different, what's the point of this thread or this forum? I personally do not like the concept either. But unless Brazil has already decided to wear these for their next game, you have no reason to be outraged.

A majority of members here would be outraged if I post an USA jersey with something related to the Confederate States, maybe something related to Vietnam, or Afghanistan, or Iraq, because these are sensible points in american culture. Soccer is our sensible point, our tradition deserves to be respected. He had C+C and still kept it messed.

I wouldn't say outraged. As a matter of fact, I have seen multiple concepts involving the Stars and Bars of the Confederate South, and have even found much of it aesthetically pleasing. I understand where you are coming from, but I must say there is a major gap between a game and wars in which thousands of Americans were slaughtered.

You truly cannot compare war and soccer. I see that my concept art was messing with your culture, and I fixed it.

Some of you act like he's burning a Brazilian flag in front of your very eyes. It's a concept. If he doesn't try anything different, what's the point of this thread or this forum? I personally do not like the concept either. But unless Brazil has already decided to wear these for their next game, you have no reason to be outraged.

A majority of members here would be outraged if I post an USA jersey with something related to the Confederate States, maybe something related to Vietnam, or Afghanistan, or Iraq, because these are sensible points in american culture. Soccer is our sensible point, our tradition deserves to be respected. He had C+C and still kept it messed.

I wouldn't say outraged. As a matter of fact, I have seen multiple concepts involving the Stars and Bars of the Confederate South, and have even found much of it aesthetically pleasing. I understand where you are coming from, but I must say there is a major gap between a game and wars in which thousands of Americans were slaughtered.

You truly cannot compare war and soccer. I see that my concept art was messing with your culture, and I fixed it.

That is exactly the point, It messes with culture and national identity.

BRAZIL UPDATE:

I overly simplified everything. On the original I was going for exotic, because Brazil is home to this thing you may have heard of called the Amazon Rain forest. I kept basically the same kits that they have now, except I was not getting rid of the flag on the socks. I simply minimized its usage.

Brazil.png

i kinda like this just clean it up a bit and shrink the numbers

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Cameroon:

I mimicked the old sleeveless kit here. I thought it was unique and should have been allowed. I also kept the lion's claws that they have worn on a few uniforms. I personally like the sub-limited cave-drawing pattern that they sport now, but when applied to this design it looks overly crowded.

Cameroon.png

Mexico:

I hate the electric theme they are wearing now. It just irks me, I don't know why. Here, I toned it down a lot and returned Mexico to simple, classy, jerseys.

Mexico.png

Thoughts?

I think you're trying to do too much with these. The sublimated designs are a lot more noticeable than they should be, and a lot of your elements are just too big. For example, the lions claws aren't a bad idea, but I think you made them far too big and when seen from a side view they would look like diamonds. The lions head on the shorts is unnecessary and redundant because you already have it on the lower back. The aztec calendar could also be toned down. I know your using paint, so tiny details can be difficult, but most World Cup kits have very subtle designs/references to their country's history. One more thing that other people have mentioned, the name and numbers are way too big and could probably do without the outline.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I think you're trying to do too much with these. The sublimated designs are a lot more noticeable than they should be, and a lot of your elements are just too big. For example, the lions claws aren't a bad idea, but I think you made them far too big and when seen from a side view they would look like diamonds. The lions head on the shorts is unnecessary and redundant because you already have it on the lower back. The aztec calendar could also be toned down. I know your using paint, so tiny details can be difficult, but most World Cup kits have very subtle designs/references to their country's history. One more thing that other people have mentioned, the name and numbers are way too big and could probably do without the outline.

I will shrink the numbers in the future. I currently have Groups A-D completely finished. I will try to go back and make edits where I can before I post, but right now I'm working on finishing the series while the tourney is on. Then, I will make the majority of the edits.

Until you listen and clean up your concepts i wont give you any more feed back

I have made note of the repeated flaws, and will apply that to the concepts I am currently working on. I will go back and make major edits once I have completed the series.

You are only allowed 2 jerseys in International play

so why have spain used 3 this year? fact is their are no regs to how many kits are used in international competition ...they just prefer each kit to only use two colours

and since these are designed by you ...putting the adidas or puma or nike logo on them is kinda counterproductive ....adidas has its own brand identity ...the stripes on the arms, as does nike (simple plain kits) ....these are yours so you should brand them as sutch i feel

so why have spain used 3 this year? fact is their are no regs to how many kits are used in international competition ...they just prefer each kit to only use two colours

and since these are designed by you ...putting the adidas or puma or nike logo on them is kinda counterproductive ....adidas has its own brand identity ...the stripes on the arms, as does nike (simple plain kits) ....these are yours so you should brand them as sutch i feel

Are you saying that I should put like my personal logo on each kit?

yes ...i have been doing it since 1992, i have my own league, and if i use an adidas kit template for the team i put an adidas logo ...but if i use a design by me i put spike designs logo on the kit

it makes more sence to me ...i dont know about anyone else

No

Just make sure you have each companies template for when you make a concept for them. You will never see an Adidas soccer team without the 3 stripes for example.

No

Just make sure you have each companies template for when you make a concept for them. You will never see an Adidas soccer team without the 3 stripes for example.

well first of all (and this might seem picky but i mean well) he was asking if thats what I MYSELF was saying to him ....witch since it was EXACTLY what i was saying to him was the answer is yes not no (but thank you for answering for me anyway) ......i know i know your giving your opinion but you should be more clear in future cos it looks like this is what you are doing

but secondly and on a happyer note i agree with what you say here because its what i say in my reply below

yes ...i have been doing it since 1992, i have my own league, and if i use an adidas kit template for the team i put an adidas logo ...but if i use a design by me i put spike designs logo on the kit

it makes more sence to me ...i dont know about anyone else

basically what i mean here kubiak is the same as what wonderbread says .....if your going to put an adidas logo on them use an adidas template for the base design, ...but since these are clearly your own designs you should put your own logo them

Oh, stop it. This guy making a blue Brazilian kit is not the equivalent of making a USA kit related to wars or slavery. Get your head out of your a** and get a grip. Is this the best concept in the world? No, not even close - but the guy is trying. Everybody starts somewhere. Besides, last I looked, this is the concepts forum. What makes a concept interesting is thinking outside of the box, let the guy do that without your personal issues.

As for the concepts:

Your numbers are far too large - both front and back. The 1 on some of them is a bit lower than the 9 and it stands out quite a bit. Try to take a little bit more time and brush over these issues, they're simple to fix. In terms of actual design, keep your ideas, they're not bad. Maybe try to tone them down a little bit? Right now they're screaming at me, i.e. a little to distracting.

"Oh, stop it. This guy making a blue Brazilian kit is not the equivalent of making a USA kit related to wars or slavery."
White . And, maybe this situation is in a wrong set... Imagine that the 1994 WC final was between USA and Mexico ( the "neighbor" from the south, just like Uruguay is what once was a part of Brazilian territory), and on the day before the game, everyone says that the "World Cup is already yours", etc. And then, when the match ends, Mexico won 2-1, with a late-goal. Would you still wear you white jersey with "wavy" stripes? And that blue one, with some stars?
That's how we feel about Brasil with a white jersey ( It's OK for a "Technical Staff" polo shirt, but not for "Game" kits)
About Chile and Netherlands... And Brazil... and Cameroon.. and Mexico... and any other football kit : Get a new template ! Maybe a more "2D-ish" one....
Try to improve or to get some Photoshop / GIMP skills... And research. Research, and more research. And when you think you know quite enough about what you're doing, research again. And try some new collar designs too....

And JohnnyRFL..... Tô de olho nesses treta, hein....lol

KbC0Lt6.png

Archived