Super Bowl 50

PhlyBoy

why does national football league commissioner still approve these bland Super Bowl logos

Because this whole standardized logo set is basically his baby. He'll see it through. I'm guessing we won't see a change in the standardized logos until at least Goddell is gone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Jose's part of the Bay Area, there's nothing about them on this logo.

If you squint you can see a shark impaled on one of the stadium posts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hmm. I was thinking Muir Woods, myself.

I just think it's ironic that they insist on "San Francisco Bay Area" but then don't show anything that's not CIty of San Francisco except the stadium itself. Sort of like how the "New York/New Jersey" Super Bowl used nothing but NYC imagery (again, except for the stadium itself):

That's what happens when the San Francisco 49ers decide to play in Santa Clara, which is nearly an hour away from SF. I really hate how it's apparently a trend for sports teams to just not play in the city they represent. I know it's been happening for years but it's really really annoying.

It's the Muir Woods. It says it right there in the press release.

How come no one else has figured out the reason (which the NFL will never admit to) that they gave San Francisco the 50th Super Bowl is that it's the 49th anniversary of the original one. Hence 49ers -- 49th anniversary....

That is not the reason why they got the rights to the Super Bowl.

Go A's!

Yeah, no thanks. The silver looks much better.

What are the landmarks in the regional logo? I see the Transamerica Pyramid, the Ferry Building, the Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge. Are there any "regional" landmarks that aren't actually in San Francisco itself?

BpTZ_JcCYAAi-UH.jpg

Needs some nondescript office parks and a gridlocked bayshore fwy to represent santa clara.

Are you not the idiot who hates bay area sports teams or am I wrong here?

I'm cool with the logo, wasn't expecting it to reinvent the wheel. But couldn't they have colored the 'L' in Super Bowl gold just as a subtle nod to the Roman numerals.

I think that's too clever by half. Most people won't get it, and for the vast percentage of those who don't, it'll just look like a coloring error.

Also it wouldn't work with this design, since the "L" isn't silver, it's black.

Yeah, no thanks. The silver looks much better.

What are the landmarks in the regional logo? I see the Transamerica Pyramid, the Ferry Building, the Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge. Are there any "regional" landmarks that aren't actually in San Francisco itself?

BpTZ_JcCYAAi-UH.jpg

Needs some nondescript office parks and a gridlocked bayshore fwy to represent santa clara.

Are you not the idiot who hates bay area sports teams or am I wrong here?

Your assertion is correct as I am not. I'm particularly indifferent to bay area sports but I do think Santa Clara county is by far the nicest bedroom community in the nation. Living in a vast suburban landscape yet being a 1 hour drive to the dynamic culture of SF is impressive. The ultra-committed fan support for the Sharks is also quite impressive despite their history of consistently coming up short in the postseason.

You want to get technical, it's part of New York County, like Manhattan, Governor's Island, Roosevelt Island and a couple others. As a federal park, that's largely academic. But it is in no way New Jersey.

Unfortunately that is true, and I am Jersey born and raised. New York always overshadows us in everything.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

New Super Bowl Host Committee logo..

20140605_125108_logo_200.jpg

Says they weren't allowed to include stadium because NFL owns the rights to using it. Does the host committee usually create a new logo after they win the game (from bid to now host committee) and one that doesn't say super bowl or host committee? I don't seem to remember that happening. Here's the story on this logo. (also talks about slight to south bay even though hosted by them)

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_25904451/super-bowl-at-49ers-stadium-40-million-raised

Here's the original bid committee logo

griffsuper1025_0.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived