Sign in to follow this  
jaguarsfan14

Wyo-Plains Baseball League

Just a note - Lincoln, Nebraska does have a minor-league team: The Lincoln Saltdogs. That said, I think you could get away with a team in Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, or maybe even Nebraska City.

As is mentioned earlier, I don't think that the league logo (as is) is very good. At all. It's just a map with Times New Roman, there's no real logo-ness to it.

My advice to you is: Take your time with this sort of thing. Rome wasn't built in a day, but these boards are used to seeing some pretty high-caliber work. Look at some other league logos and do some sketching in your spare time. Start with 3-5 different ideas for logos, and keep refining them. Post your drawings - there's a few hand-drawn threads that've gotten a lot of terrific ideas out there.

I want to see you craft this into something great because, as you said, the North Midwest is surprisingly vacant when it comes to teams. There's an opportunity here to make something really unique.

I used MS Paint and converted the logo into Vector Magic for the Wyo-Plains Baseball League. It's a simple logo but I am starting to improve the quality of the logo.

Wyo-PlainsBaseballLeagueLogoIIcleanup_zp

The green and brown represent the Divisions in the League. North being brown and Green being the South

I think that the brandon croppers is a good name because if all the wheat crops in the area and the city's nickname is wheat city

I used MS Paint and converted the logo into Vector Magic for the Wyo-Plains Baseball League. It's a simple logo but I am starting to improve the quality of the logo.

Wyo-PlainsBaseballLeagueLogoIIcleanup_zp

The green and brown represent the Divisions in the League. North being brown and Green being the South

If this was a logo of a real league, I would probably cry.

Having a team in Bellevue is a unique idea. You could bring a Tri-City team as in Omaha, Bellevue, and Council Bluffs (which is in Iowa, but close enough). Or you could go with a team away from the southeast corner of Nebraska such as Grand Island, Kearney, or North Platte.

Use an actual font for the league logo. A tip for paint, NEVER use the draw tool, always use the line tool, make the shapes or use a font because the draw tool is always shaky. You also have to fix the fill in of the states because a lot of white is visible, at least in the lower section.

A good rule of thumb is: Try to stay away from cities which already have affiliated, independent, or Northwoods league teams (you saw my earlier post?)

Chris and Coach, your annoying flame wars are exactly why these, concepts get bumped up so much. You guys should fight somewhere else.

BTW, the new logo is much improved but an actual font is necessary.

Try downloading the trial version of Illustrator, teach yourself to use that. You'd be surprised how much better these logos would look.

Try downloading the trial version of Illustrator, teach yourself to use that. You'd be surprised how much better these logos would look.

Illustrator is free, there is no trial lol

Actually Inkscape is the free one.

Actually Inkscape is the free one.

Oh shoot, my bad. I confused Illustrator with Inkscape lol. But I would recommend Inkskape since it's free

I have Inkscape and it's pretty darn good, especially for being free. It's basically a cheaper version of Corel Draw (what I used in my graphic communications class) which isn't hard since Corel Draw is quite expensive.

I have Inkscape and it's pretty darn good, especially for being free. It's basically a cheaper version of Corel Draw (what I used in my graphic communications class) which isn't hard since Corel Draw is quite expensive.

And if your looking for a cheaper alternative to Photoshop, I use Correl Paint Shop Pro x2, but now they make x6, and you can get Photoshop CS2 for free (I think.)