DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!

Look, friends; I have 9 and 12 year old daughters and I get more than the minimum daily requirement of senseless bickering at home. While I understand this is a forum for casual discussions among logo/design enthusiasts and varying degrees of logo/design professionals, there has to be at least a minimal amount of decorum here. So let me make a few things clear.

1. Never in the history of humankind has an individual "gotten over" anything as a result of another individual demanding they "get over it." So please stop issuing this meaningless command. You will only frustrate yourself further when you see continued evidence of your target's not-getting-over-it-ness.

2. Your number of years in and/or impressive fortune amassed as a result of professional graphic design does not have any effect whatsoever on the opinions held by others. Please do not throw your remarkable credentials in someone's face as you attempt to dismiss their opinion - no matter how stupid it is or how much better yours is than his/hers.

3. Your post count, like your age, is just a number. It accounts for nothing here when it comes to the matter of stating or valuing opinions.

4. Please understand that some of us here like to make jokes or utilize sarcasm/satire, hopefully in a generally inoffensive manner. Some of us are not (always) very good at it (present company included). When you see something that could be satire, just play it safe and assume it is. Feel free to roll eyes or otherwise (inoffensively) chide failed efforts -- if you must -- but, whatever you do, do not attack the poster as it only makes you out to be a colossal jerk and possibly a huge idiot for not getting the joke. That doesn't make anyone look good.

5. Chris has the ability to "deputize" moderators at the drop of a hat. If he feels additional moderation is necessary, he will put the cops on the beat. If you aren't a mod and see someone or something that needs moderation, point it out to a mod. Do not attempt to police the matter yourself as you have limited resources at your disposal and those resources are not appropriate to restore order. Nothing interrupts the flow of a good (or even mediocre) discussion like a string of vigilante mods attempting to shame another member and perhaps another group of bystanders jumping in to either pile on or perhaps defend the other party.

6. <Intentionally left blank>

7. I don't have the time to patrol all of the threads or even participate all that frequently these days, so if I happen to take action on one person's violation of decorum but I don't take action on someone else's, I'm not "playing favorites." I'm going to address what I see and trust there are enough mods cruising the other alleyways to catch the other guys. Naive of me? Eh, perhaps. But that's the deal.

No, we're never going to agree with everyone's opinions, but there's a wrong way to go about things and a . . . . well, less wrong way, I suppose. Let's all strive to pursue the latter, shall we?

Thank you for your time.

yh

Archived