Sign in to follow this  
SabresRule7361

Players on your teams you never liked

While there are many player who I've soured on a bit over the years (Seguin, Marchand, Beckett, and Rondo), there are only three players who I've truly hated.

Rob Bolden- He was supposed to be Penn State's new star quarterback, and the coaching staff was so determined to make this happen, that they had him taking valuable snaps from Matt McGloin. The kicker for me was during the Illinois game in 2011 when he literally threw three passes into the ground right in front of him. He ended up transferring and becoming LSU's 9th-string backup or something.

Kaspars Daugavins- I think he played four games for the Bruins in the 2013 playoffs, and directly contributed to them losing game 1 of the Finals before being removed from the lineup.

Kyle Arrington- I've never seen a worse excuse for a defensive back in my life... I can't even...

Redskins: Rex Grossman, John Beck, Adam Archuleta, Deion Sanders, Jeremiah Trotter, Devin Thomas, Josh Morgan, Brandon Lloyd... Too many to even remember really.

Nationals: Joel Hanrahan, Ryan Langerhans, Matt Stairs, Garrett Mock, Jason Bergmann

Wizards: Andray Blatche, Nick Young, Jan Vesely, Javaris Crittenton, Mike Miller, Randy Foye, Darius Songalia, Oleksiy Pecherov, Eric Maynor, Mike Bibby

For the Broncos:

Ronnie Hillman (2012-probably Sep. 14): We could have had Bernard Pierce. Don't think he makes the team this year.

Josh McDaniels: I know that he was a coach, but still, he was the most hated person in the league at the time.

Wild: Matt Cooke. No explanation needed.

Vikings: Todd Stuessie. "offsides. #73. Offense."

Vikings: Bryant McKinnie. Bum.

I don't have too many more: mostly mediocre Twins relievers and Vikings d-backs...mostly forgotten by now.

The Leafs player I have always hated is Martin Gerber. Interesting pick, I know, but we picked him up Off of waivers and he led us to the middle of the pack montrosity instead of us going out and getting Tavares or someone else from that draft besides Nazem Kadri, who I cannot stand either.

So yes, my least fave player is a waiver pickup.

Aqib Talib. Didn't care much for him while at Kansas; really didn't care for him after Tampa drafted him. decent player on the field, but made too many boneheaded plays--and off the field dude was off the chain (some would say he probably should have been in chains--but that's another point for another discussion).

Not a player, but coach: Greg Schiano. No further comment. (Dis)honorable mention: Chucky...for pretty much destroying the core of that SB-winning Buccaneers team. But even though I never cared much for him as coach, I never did straight up despise him.

That's really about it.

For me it boils down to two players, Ryan Leaf and David Boston.

I'm surprised no Giants fans mentioned Armando Benitez. All he he did was blow save after save. His last game was at the Mets when Cain I think pitched awesome and led 2-1 entering the 9th. He gets called for 2 balks including the tying run where Reyes deked him into it by pretending to steal home. They sent him to the Marlins a day later. When they played him at home and came into the game, the booing of him was comparable to when the Dodgers are in town.

For the Niners I didn't like Brandon Lloyd because he had a lot of cases of alligator arms and would always tease you with spectacular catches. Another one was Kwame Harris. He

was utterly miserable at giving up sacks and if there was ever a big play, he was reliable in taking holding penalties.

The Sharks has to be Ed Belfour. I remember he was utterly awful for them(4-13) in '97, then goes out and wins a Cup for the hated Stars 2 years later.

Let's see for the Kings, there's been Sean Avery, Roman Cechmanek, Dan Cloutier, oh and then the biggest joke of a player ever, Kevin Westgarth.

Oh and for the poor guy who hates Jeff Carter, keep crying. I'll take his "primadona" attitude, goals, assists, defense, and a couple of Cups over being a crappy franchise like Columbus! :hockeysmiley:

Let's see for the Kings, there's been Sean Avery, Roman Cechmanek, Dan Cloutier, oh and then the biggest joke of a player ever, Kevin Westgarth.

Oh and for the poor guy who hates Jeff Carter, keep crying. I'll take his "primadona" attitude, goals, assists, defense, and a couple of Cups over being a crappy franchise like Columbus! :hockeysmiley:

Jesus, if I weren't a Kings fan, I think I'd hate them just because of you. And your taunts aren't even clever nor remotely funny.

As for players I hate who've played for my team, let's see: Karl Malone (dirtbag, s***ty father and a pervert/rapist). And I guess Ryan Leaf?

I generally don't hate players who play for my teams. The fact that they played for my team will make me like them except for Malone. :censored: that guy. He never deserved to wear our uniform.

For Hull City, convicted woman beater and sex pest Marlon King.

In case anyone's wondering what dear old Marlon's up to these days, he's currently serving an 18 month prison sentence for a couple of dangerous driving incidents which left two men injured.

For the Braves it was definitely Melky Cabrera and B.J. "I don't want to play in Atlanta" Surhoff.

I didn't cry the day that Joe Johnson was traded from the Hawks, but my distaste for him was more because he got such a big contract for being a volume shooter.

There were a couple App State football players that got on my nerves through the years, Ed Gainey and Sean Price. They always acted like they were bigger than the team. I guess that's why both were dismissed from the program eventually.

App basketball wise, I'd have to go with our former coach, Jason Capel. It just always came off as he was looking to blame someone for the basketball program's problems - even after he had been the coach for four years. Now we're in APR hell, only a handful of scholarship players on the roster, and arguably our best player was found in an intramural game in the student rec center. The good news is that Jim Fox seems to be working in overdrive to fix five years, when added to Buzz Peterson's one season in Boone. The man lied to my face when I met him about his long-term App plans, which puts him in a whole different category.

Ooooooh Sweet burn. Stop behaving like you have anything to do with the Kings success. You're just a fan, you're not the general manager of the team.

The Kings have an all-time losing record and one Stanley Cup in 47 years. Not exactly the model for franchise excellence. Get off your high horse because it doesn't suit you.

Oh yeah, there's no good reason why the rest of the league hates most Kings fans. Nope, no reason at all.

No Garon, Fiset, Storr?

Gary Sheffield Brewers-guy hated on Milwaukee from day one. He never had a nice thing to say about the city! I think he and Deion Sanders invented the Swag movement in pro sports! Happiest day of my young life was when he was traded. Hated him even more when he became a beast for other teams, and wasn't dogging it like he did for the Brewers.

Brett Favre post 2005. The prima Donna will he won't he, the I'm retiring, I'm coming back sagas in the offseason. Seeing what Aaron Rodgers could actually do in a real game, and him keeping him down. And the whole trying to show him up at family night! I used to really love the guy!

Brandon Jennings-Bucks. And Stephen Jackson for that matter. The implosion of the locker room, and how I saw first hand how the phrase cancer in the clubhouse can happen. Jennings started hating on Milwaukee after All-Star snub, saying small town don't get recognized.

Hmmm...let's see...

Carolina Panthers

This might come at a shock to some, but initially I couldn't stand Cam Newton, mainly because of his shady past at Auburn. He's grown on me, largely because said shady past didn't involve sexual assaults (especially more than one) or airport bomb threats. Plus he also seems to have moved on from it, not unlike Michael Vick and his dog fighting past.

Utah Jazz

I'd say Carlos Boozer, mainly because of his matador defense and flakiness when it mattered (like the 2009-10 season finale against Phoenix--winner gets #3 seed in the West, loser 35 seed), where he chose to sit because of what he called a strained oblique. I think Bulls fans know what I'm talking about here.

While I've gotten over it, I'd add Derek Fisher, mainly because of how he left after the 2006-07 season. His daughter had (has?) a rare form of eye cancer, and after the season he requested to leave in order to be close to somewhere she could get treatment; New York was mentioned. This was enough to tug at late Jazz owner Larry H. Miller's heartstrings, and he let Fisher go, no questions asked, no trades made (even though Fisher was still under contract for the next season). Two weeks later, where does Fisher end up? Back with the Lakers.

Now, this was a bad move for all involved, because while I don't accuse Fisher of shifting the Jazz, how that all went down still seemed to send the message that Fisher thought himself too good for the Jazz, and Miller should've had enough business sense to hold Fisher to his word and worked out a deal with the Knicks, Nets, or even Clippers.

All that said, I think the Jazz list for most people would still begin and end with Greg "Fred Flintstone" Ostertag:

18j4p0c0l51rajpg.jpg

Lunkheaded yet cowardly, an appearance in Playgirl, a Fred Flintstone tatoo on his leg, take your pick. Oh, yea, and Utah traded to bring him back after spending the 2004-05 campaign in Sacramento (2005-06 was his last year).

Lakers: Smush Parker

smush-parker-full_getty-71796961lb003_he

represnted every thing wrong with the most hopeless team in Lakers history.

Dodgers: Matt Kemp

matt-kemp.jpg

biggest cry baby I've ever seen in a Dodgers uni the guys only had one good year and thinks he owns the Dodgers.

Colts: Trent Richardson

COLTS-TRENT-RICHARDSON-BG-SMILE.jpg

Okay he can still change my mind but really when Cleveland trades the guy for only a draft pick a year after drafting him third you know something wrong and really feels like we wasted a draft pick on him.