Super Bowl L Logo Concept

logoroy

Hey everyone, today the NFL released their logo for Super Bowl L, or "50" as they're calling it for that game, and I think it is total crap. Since they released their logo a year early, I figure that I will too. Here is my design for Super Bowl L, keeping the consistency with the roman numeral look. You can find my logos for XLIX and XLVIII respectively here:

XLIX: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97090-super-bowl-xlix-logo-concept/

XLVIII: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94135-super-bowl-xlviii-logo-concept/

Rui0Pcl.png

Don't worry, it's not. It's just the added text you see with other Super Bowl logos, only this one I just made a little more descriptive; it's not actually part of the logo.

Super Bowl L would be the 49th anniversary, not 50th.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey everyone, today the NFL released their logo for Super Bowl L, or "50" as they're calling it for that game, and I think it is total crap. Since they released their logo a year early, I figure that I will too. Here is my design for Super Bowl L, keeping the consistency with the roman numeral look. You can find my logos for XLIX and XLVIII respectively here:

XLVIII: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94135-super-bowl-xlviii-logo-concept/

Rui0Pcl.png

It's a thousand times better than the corporate crap being fed to us now.

You have my idea of making custom Super Bowl logos. Did y make any for XLV, XLVI, and XLVII as well?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Your first two were really good, but this one is terrible. Go back to the theme that used for your previous two.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

^ I agree with him. Also, since the NFL came out and said that Super Bowl will be numbers and not Roman numerals I say try and take stab at that as well. Your first concepts are amazing I just feel like this one feels plain and bare and doesn't show the awesome work behind what you've shown in the past. Hope this isn't harsh

Rui0Pcl.png

It's an OK idea. But looking at it, the level with the bridge in it looks forced in there and doesn't fit in with the rest of the logo. There's no bevel on that section but you have them on the "L" and the lower portion of the pedestal. If you're going to use the Golden Gate Bridge as an icon for the game, I think it needs to be a bit more prominent in the logo.

Also, one small thing is that this will be the 50th Super Bowl, not the 50th anniversary. i honestly wouldn't use "anniversary" in it anyway. To me, an anniversary is commemorating an event that happened in the past. This isn't a commemoration....it's its own separate event. Drop "anniversary."

gYH2mW9.png

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Yea, you guys are right with whole "anniversary" thing, I'm not sure what I was thinking there. Don't feel bad for ripping this logo apart either, I'm happy to take any criticism. Designing this logo was tough for a number of reasons including the fact that L isn't exactly the most attractive roman numeral, and it is totally asymmetrical which made it a huge pain when trying to figure out where the word "Super Bowl" should go. I tried the three conventional ways you see in other SB logos: have it go across the top of the roman numeral(s), go across the middle of the roman numeral(s), or have the roman numeral(s) sandwiched between the words "Super Bowl," but all three just looked unbalanced and goofy, so I figured I should try something that has never been done before and put "Super Bowl" underneath the roman numeral(s); it was the best way to make the logo look balanced as well as making the L stand out more. I was really just going for something simpler but still bold and clean looking without trying to do too much, something that reflects the NFL's golden game being played in the golden state. I will admit though that the golden gate bridge concept was something I put in kind of last minute, so I might go back and rework that sometime later on, and as far as using regular numbers like the NFL is, I have always been a roman numeral guy, so I don't know if I will try to work it into this design, but you never know. Right now I am already working on LI, and starting to think about LII in Minnesota. All in all, this is something I do for fun, and I appreciate any feedback you guys give whether you think it's good or bad; it really means a lot!

@29texan Thanks for the feedback; I did not make a logo for XLV, but I did for XLVI and XLVII; I can post them here if you want, just let me know. The only problem is that they are not as "polished" as my recent logos due to the fact that they were my earlier attempts at making logos, so I was still pretty inexperienced at it, but I still don't think they're terrible either. Just respond and let me know if you want to see them, and again thanks for the feedback.

Archived