St. Louis Football Club Logo Vote

Sport Billy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.stlouisuslpro.com/vote-.html

B139F8E3-5083-43BB-9E30-83533398D28C_zps

143458C1-7793-4AB0-BE9B-3F2DD5EC0323_zps

Is it just me, or is "football club" not centered on the crest version?

The problem with the bottom logo is that the date should refer to the first year of the club not the city's founding. I also had the concept of American tems taking a European approach bu name a club CITY NAME FC...it's called soccer in the United States not football.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, that text is definitely of. They fix that, and it's a terrific choice.

Agreed. Like the subtle Arch, love the wavy lines like the flag (could it make it on the jersey??) like everything about it.

The roundel looks too close to NYCFC/Melbourne City even down to the font. Not crazy using the city's founding like its the clubs founding either. Just leave off the Established date if you aren't ok with it being 2014. I can understand not wanting too "new" of an established date on a logo so just leave it off.

The problem with the bottom logo is that the date should refer to the first year of the club not the city's founding. I also had the concept of American tems taking a European approach bu name a club CITY NAME FC...it's called soccer in the United States not football.

ST. LOUIS S.C. Is a protected name.

It is the old club that merged with Scott-Gallagher to become Scott-Gallagher St Louis.

Not a fan of either personally. I think the name and colors are a miss, but not surprised by either choice.

Option 1 has some potential, but it just doesn't feel there to me. But option 2 lacks anything unique about St. Louis beyond the word and the fleur de lis.

I really would have liked to seen a St. Louis flag motif OR the Apotheosis of St. Louis as one of the soccer groups a few years back was doing.

As "templated" as the roundel feels, I prefer it over the crest.

Football logos lately have become to "standardized". Call it a trend, or just a safe move, but i'd like to see a club come with something "out of the box" to buck the trend.

I agree with the guy who said that this is a poor choice of colors. Maybe if the lightened up the blue a little, they'd be on to something. Of course, I'm just glad I have a high-tier soccer team in my own backyard again. Let's see how long this will last...

Actually, the sport is nicknamed soccer in North America and Oceania. The sport's true name is "association football."

My first club I played for was named AFC..Association Football Club. That was in 1981, and no one complained about it.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

ST. LOUIS S.C. Is a protected name.

It is the old club that merged with Scott-Gallagher to become Scott-Gallagher St Louis.

Isn't Scott Gallagher the owners of the SLFC? It sure appears so. In any event, they need an actual nickname. Using FC or SC seems so lazy. It would be like calling the Cardinals, St. Louis BC. There are so many creative nicknames the could be used. Plus there have been many interesting nicknames and logos for STL indoor and outdoor teams such as Stars, Steamers, Storm and Ambush.

mizzoufb.jpg

Actually, the sport is nicknamed soccer in North America and Oceania. The sport's true name is "association football."

My first club I played for was named AFC..Association Football Club. That was in 1981, and no one complained about it.

Oh, I know why it's called soccer in the United States. But it IS called soccer, not football, and all of the leagues have the name soccer (i.e. USL, MLS) so all of the team should use the same for consistency. For some reason some people think using the European terms are hip and cool.

mizzoufb.jpg

In any event, they need an actual nickname. Using FC or SC seems so lazy. It would be like calling the Cardinals, St. Louis BC.

You don't say?

27_024_3557A_lg.jpeg

Using "FC" does not preclude a nickname. It just lets the fans create one organically rather than imposing one from the start.

St. Louis National Baseball Club was the legal name during the Anheuser-Busch ownership. The current legal name for the club is St. Louis Cardinals, LLC. Legal names are a whole different ballgame. Nobody refers to teams by their legal name, although nowadays more teams are using their nicknames in the legal names.

mizzoufb.jpg

Archived