Louisville City

Louis

The logo sucks, but then again I have never seen a soccer logo that I absolutely love in the United States.

LCFCheaderimage620border.jpg

Notice how the logo to the right utilizes the fleur de lis versus the one to the left. That's a far more acceptable way of branding a team with fleur de lis, compared to the giant clip-art logo they settled on.

From the article:

"some local graphic designers":

BpTzNNOCAAA5YgQ.jpgBpTzNR6CIAIY7_R.jpg

- @Arsenal_KY

^seems unfair (and unrealistic) to be able to just decide that the colors should be black and white, and of course you're going to look nicer with that sort of minimal design using b&w, as the purple just looks bad, although that may also be due to the coloring effects he used. As far as arranging all those assets we're sort of agreeing on (bourbon barrel, fleur-de-lis, Louisville City), it's a clean job, just not very interesting.

BpSn4yaCIAEuR7P.jpg

- @jeremybooth

^again, idk if the best approach to producing a concept is to choose completely different colors. idk if it's just the size of the image, but I feel about these two designs the same way I feel about a lot of ones that try to use the fleur-de-lis: all the detail of that symbol is lost when it's resized so small to fit into a crest. The bourbon barrel's shape influencing the shield is a cool idea that I think could just be executed a bit better.

"local ad agency strADegy":

betterlogos.png

^not sure these really need commenting on. They're clearly not for Louisville City, the soccer team that already exists, so they're really not more than concepts showcasing what the designer is capable of, I guess.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The logo sucks, but then again I have never seen a soccer logo that I absolutely love in the United States.

LCFCheaderimage620border.jpg

Notice how the logo to the right utilizes the fleur de lis versus the one to the left. That's a far more acceptable way of branding a team with fleur de lis, compared to the giant clip-art logo they settled on.

Aren't fleur-de-lis French? How does to the Spanish pronunciation of "futbol" fit in with French-inspired branding?

I don't know what the designer's rationale was.

I also don't know Louisville - is there a sizable Hispanic population and culture? Maybe blending symbols of the past with the city's future?

Would love to learn more.

The fleur-de-lis and the stars used to represent the city before it merged with Jefferson County in 2003:

220px-Former_flag_of_Louisville%2C_Kentu

Now the flag looks like this:

220px-Louisville_Metro_Flag.png

The barrel symbol represent the Bourbon made in the state (95% of all Bourbon comes from Kentucky)

BarnRicks2-300x203.jpg

The Hispanic population in the city is under 27,000 and the whole state population is under 133,000.

The checkered flag pattern either represents the Kentucky Derby or it could be used to symbol the pattern of the flag of Secretariat (greatest racing horse ever).

ChurchillDowns_615x400_orig.jpg

p-290217-ron-turcotte-secretariat-horse-

spacer.png

I don't know what the designer's rationale was.

I also don't know Louisville - is there a sizable Hispanic population and culture? Maybe blending symbols of the past with the city's future?

Would love to learn more.

The fleur-de-lis and the stars used to represent the city before it merged with Jefferson County in 2003:

220px-Former_flag_of_Louisville%2C_Kentu

Now the flag looks like this:

220px-Louisville_Metro_Flag.png

The barrel symbol represent the Bourbon made in the state (95% of all Bourbon comes from Kentucky)

BarnRicks2-300x203.jpg

The Hispanic population in the city is under 27,000 and the whole state population is under 133,000.

The checkered flag pattern either represents the Kentucky Derby or it could be used to symbol the pattern of the flag of Secretariat (greatest racing horse ever).

ChurchillDowns_615x400_orig.jpg

p-290217-ron-turcotte-secretariat-horse-

I was going this direction but you got it right,. Nice going! Besides, soccer is having a renaissance here since UofL's team has been on an upswing in the last few years and the east end of town has a surgence of soccer fans AND fields.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Utter crap just like the St. Louis logo.

In case people haven't figured out, it's SOCCER in this country, not football.

At least whoever made STLFC's logo knew better than to use clipart. Whoever made this L'ville one just plain couldn't be bothered!

Looks way too similar to Orlando City's crest, down to the color scheme and design. It's like they just added a barrel design and replace the lion with a fleur-de-lis. Even the name of the club look to be taken from Orlando City. It's just lazy, plain and simple.

Well, that's because this club is a future Orlando City offshoot. Whether that excuses the franchise-iness of the look is still up for debate however.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Looks way too similar to Orlando City's crest, down to the color scheme and design. It's like they just added a barrel design and replace the lion with a fleur-de-lis. Even the name of the club look to be taken from Orlando City. It's just lazy, plain and simple.

Well, that's because this club is a future Orlando City offshoot. Whether that excuses the franchise-iness of the look is still up for debate however.
Ah... I didn't know that. If that's the case, I can kinda see why they did it then. If not, my opinion still stands--lazy.

This is rich. Someone blaming an "Orlando City" feeder club of ripping off it's "ORIGINAL" idea of naming a club "City."

Archived