Uniforms that would be better with or without one small detail

TheRicSlick

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twins need to make the "TC" one color. As many here have pointed out, the white "T" is OK, but the red "C" lacks contrast with the blue cap...from afar (and in some TV shots), the "C" is barely noticeable. I'd like to see it look like the blue Cardinals cap (red letters with white outline).

See, I would prefer a white base with red trim on navy. The Red Sox and Cardinals already have red on blue. Think of it as being snow white and suddenly it's a semi-clever twist for Minnesota.

I came up with some modifications to the TC a while ago. I modeled the T more after the one in the script, and made a new C that isn't so close to the wishbone C the Reds use. It's closer to the Blackhawks' serifed C, if anything.

mK7oQc6.jpg

EDIT: Hey, coincidentally, the C looks like the C in this logo for influential AAA station Cities 97:

182433100.120.120.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought of a couple more little details that, I think, would improve the Cardinals set (although I doubt these opinions are very popular):

1) Take the alternate uniform, replace the "St. Louis" script with the "Cardinals" script, and make it the regular home. I'm a big fan of the piping and the cream base.

2) Have the city name on the road jersey and add the alternate piping.

All teams should either choose white or cream. If your home jersey is cream, white should not appear anywhere in the identity, and vice-versa. It looks pretty amateur-ish to me when the two are mixed.

tell that to the NHL there are so many examples of sweaters with vintage white, and then white in the crest, it looks so bad

No NHL team should be allowed to use cream or laces unless they are original 6. Minnesota using laces and cream makes my skin crawl.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I thought of a couple more little details that, I think, would improve the Cardinals set (although I doubt these opinions are very popular):

1) Take the alternate uniform, replace the "St. Louis" script with the "Cardinals" script, and make it the regular home. I'm a big fan of the piping and the cream base.

2) Have the city name on the road jersey and add the alternate piping.

All teams should either choose white or cream. If your home jersey is cream, white should not appear anywhere in the identity, and vice-versa. It looks pretty amateur-ish to me when the two are mixed.

I agree with (1) if they only wear it at home on Sundays. However with (2) I only agree with having St. Louis on the away. I disagree with the piping.

I also think it'd be kinda cool on Sunday home games - with the throw back jersey - if they using powder blue 80's style batting practice jerseys. Sort of throwing together a mash up vintage game day. If anything, it's a great way to sell tickets and merchandise. Fans still wear the 80's style t-shirt jerseys at games. When I go to Busch Stadium, I'd say I see 70/30 current style to throwback

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

-Mariners road alternate needs to have the same font as their other uniforms and needs silver piping

1999-home-navy2.jpg

rodriguez-and-griffey-mariners.jpg

-Dodgers Road Alternate needs a white outline

LA-Dodgers-New-Road-Alternate-Jersey-201

vs

1998apg-vertical.jpg

-Orioles black jersey needs a white outline and orange piping like it had in '96

17_22254a_lg.jpeg

-Clippers road reds need to say Clippers like the previous set did

maggette_ft_0506.jpg

White trim on the Orioles jersey would make it look cheap, and it's totally unnecessary. It looks sharper the way it is.

matt-wieters-baltimore-orioles-detroit-t

Baltimore-Orioles-Players-Salaries-2014.

Agreed. I think the oriole set, for now, is almost perfect. I don't think anything could be done to improve it.

Love the Orioles set except for the stitching on the white panel of the home hat. Change that, then the O's are pretty much set.

The Dodgers road alts are perfect (even with the LA patch). Remove the piping on the main roads...and keep Los Angeles on them.

Some of you might hate me for saying this...but I'd LOVE to see a cream Dodgers alt home jersey. No LA patch, piping, or name on the back though!

Angels, choose one patch!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

The Twins need to make the "TC" one color. As many here have pointed out, the white "T" is OK, but the red "C" lacks contrast with the blue cap...from afar (and in some TV shots), the "C" is barely noticeable. I'd like to see it look like the blue Cardinals cap (red letters with white outline).

See, I would prefer a white base with red trim on navy. The Red Sox and Cardinals already have red on blue. Think of it as being snow white and suddenly it's a semi-clever twist for Minnesota.

I came up with some modifications to the TC a while ago. I modeled the T more after the one in the script, and made a new C that isn't so close to the wishbone C the Reds use. It's closer to the Blackhawks' serifed C, if anything.

mK7oQc6.jpg

EDIT: Hey, coincidentally, the C looks like the C in this logo for influential AAA station Cities 97:

182433100.120.120.jpg

As much as I love Minnesota's TC, I think that's far far better than what they use.

Those "Seattle" navy alt jerseys from 1999-2000 are things of beauty. I'd swoon over a return to those. Make it a road alt/Sunday home alt.

Obviously, yes, get rid of that black stitching on the O's white panel. That cap looks great, but the black jersey needs to be limited to the road only. It doesn't match up well at all with the home white panel caps/helmets. And for the last time, get rid of that lame "O's" cap!

No Dodgers cream jerseys, and no to those pointless new road alts. And no white outlines! Why does everybody who hates white outlines on any other team script think it would look so great on the Dodgers, a team steeped in tradition?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Seahawks uniforms without the text that says SEAHAWKS on the shoulder stripe.

It just clutters things up.

Richard-Sherman.jpg

Jags helmet without ONE of the colors. A solid helmet in either color would look better. The uniform itself isn't bad aside from the helmet disaster.

570x375xJaguars-new-helmet-2.jpg.pagespe

87Redskins.png

Archived