Uniforms that would be better with or without one small detail

TheRicSlick

The Red Sox should have headspoon piping on the road uniforms for better consistency.

No the head spoon doesn't work with the "BOSTON" word mark as well as it does the "RED SOX" wordmark, boston doesn't split up the same way and thus doesn't look as good, sans piping looks better on the road

I think it could still work. The split in "RED SOX" is pretty forced anyway; if you look at the print logo, the space if far smaller than on the jerseys. If they can tweak the spacing with the "RED SOX" wordmark to make it look good with the piping on the unififorms, they should be able to do the same with the "BOSTON" wordmark.

One more thing that I think should be tweaked with Boston's set: the font on the cap and the uniforms is slightly different. If they could modify the jersey font just a little to match the "B" on the cap, the set would go from really good to extremely good.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides the black dropshadow and the weird number font, these would look so much better with no piping.

reds-home-Cincinnati-Reds-Wallpaper.jpg

tony_perez_1970_06_01.jpg

Seems an unpopular opinion, but I love that Reds font. If only they would have made the logo wordmark the same font instead of that ugly "lobster-esque" font. I even like the piping. Their roads are probably my favorite in the league.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Sorry, I can't post pictures from my iPad, or at least don't know how lol, but

Get rid of the outline on the Yankees road uniforms

Change the Nets road uniforms from white text to a white outline, like the Xmas uniform form 2012. Maybe the same with the Home uniforms except a Black outline. It atleast gives them something to do with Black and White colors. Lol

White sox have to drop their number lower on their Home and Black jerseys to match their road ones.

Texas should change one of their home jerseys to say "Rangers"

Miami should add a Teal jersey, and use the M logo on their chest on a uniform.

Reds should remove piping on their home, so should the Nationals.

RedSox should use a Red hat with a Black brim with their Red Alts.

Pelicans should use a Bigger wordmark on their jerseys.

The Indians and Rays, the last two MLB teams using nameplates:

carlos_santana_3_large.jpg

121299700_10.jpg

Nameplates just look tacky and cheap for baseball teams. When even low-payroll teams like the A's and Pirates do direct-sewn NOB's, there really is no excuse to keep them. They wouldn't be much better, but a degree of cheapness would be lost by using direct-sewn NOB's.

121299700_10.jpg

Nameplates just look tacky and cheap for baseball teams. When even low-payroll teams like the A's and Pirates do direct-sewn NOB's, there really is no excuse to keep them. They wouldn't be much better, but a degree of cheapness would be lost by using direct-sewn NOB's.

I agree! I have always thought nameplates on the back of jerseys look cheap. Jerseys look alot better when each individual letter is sewn on the jersey. I'm not a big fan of the Rays uniforms anyway. Home and road are the same except that the home is white and the road is grey.

The shamrock above the NOB on the Celtics' jerseys:

2013_BOS_H.jpg

Just pointless. The one on the shorts can stay though, since there's historical precedent.

I actually really like the shamrock above the name. It's all blank space above the name anyway, I think it adds a little.

The one on the shorts hasn't been there forever either, that was only added in 1999 and the shamrock above the name only 6 years later in 2005.

Right now, the SF Giants have two different sets of socks that players can use as they please on an individual basis. Most go solid black, but a couple use black with three orange stripes at the top. While I personally like the stripes, narrowing it down to either of the sets would be a major improvement.

The Twins need to make the "TC" one color. As many here have pointed out, the white "T" is OK, but the red "C" lacks contrast with the blue cap...from afar (and in some TV shots), the "C" is barely noticeable. I'd like to see it look like the blue Cardinals cap (red letters with white outline).

I could not find a photo of an example that I could put into the post so you can look here:

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku[20604177],c[2],w[140],h[105]&load=url[file:product]

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

121299700_10.jpg

The Bravos would like a word with You....

sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img22231283.jpg

They got rid of thin this year.

I retract my statement, then. Good call.

(I don't watch many Braves games)

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived