Uniforms that would be better with or without one small detail

TheRicSlick

It's simple. Post uniforms that you think would look better with/without one small detail. Please say what you would add or remove to the uniform.

Louisville;s football numbers. I think it would so much better if they get rid of the drop shadows on the numbers. Drop Shadows should be reserved for the 90's or 7th grade teams.

usp-ncaa-football_-cincinnati-at-louisvi

And next we have the 49ers and their messed up sleeve stripes. They would easily have a much better uniform if they just fixed the dang stripes!

6932440.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply changing the Bucs number font improves the look dramatically.

bucs.jpg

improves it? Yes. Drastically? No; there are still too many things wrong with that uniform that need to be changed in order to make it acceptable.

Yea it's still a mess, but not as much of one.

Too much pewter which looks more brown than pewter and then random orange shoehorned in with stripes almost similar to "the iconic jaws of husky stadium" or whatever Nike called it. And the pants stripes and XXL logo on the helmet are still awful.

The only thing I like about the Bucs new look is the chrome facemask. Everything else, including the tweaked logos, is a major downgrade.

I hate, hate, hate the copyright symbol on the Cubs logo. Muddles logo that is otherwise so clean.

I've always hated when teams include the copyright or trademark symbol on their logos when used on their uniforms.. When used in a super-official capacity like that, I think it cheapens the look and the risk of infringement is greatly diminished

The St. Louis Blues' new unis would look more fabulous if the white stripes (and the light blue stripes from the away jersey) in the middle portions would be painted directly beside the yellow stripes instead of stripes with the main uniform color in between them. It simply looks inconsistent.

With the tweak, it basically now looks like a more traditional version of the 98-07 unis. I'll only show the home uniform below.

BEFORE

5091_st_louis_blues-home-2015.png

AFTER

izjD1nx.jpg

In my opinion, double outlines are just a poor attempt to spice up a design that someone thinks needs fixing. Similar to not liking a logo and trying to make it better by, not fixing the logo, but by reversing it out of a black background.

A good design solution rarely needs double outlines.

PepMan's change is better, but rather than "extend" the white stripe, I'd "move it" to the yellow stripe. That is, the white and yellow stripes should be the same width (as they are near the yoke).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 3 weeks later...

I know this won't happen anymore, but I was working on a top-secret project when I stumbled upon this pic (S/O to the dude who photoshopped the pic) and I realized that the Raps' alt would looks much better if they painted the all the purple portions of the uniform black and call it a day. Now we would have this,

EWDl1XA.jpg

Instead of this,

856eohuzlq2cguwltk80e2yx3.gif

The Angels have too many outlines around their font (navy, white, silver). It might not look too bad on the home uniforms, but it bothers me on the alternate uniforms. If you're going to do the whole "red on red" thing, get rid the the silver outline.

Albert+Pujols+Mike+Trout+Los+Angeles+Ang

I'm inclined for them to just get rid the silver outline altogether because they don't even use it in their logo or their main script.

The Angels DO use silver on their main wordmark, ans not just the halo on the A.

They have silver drop shadow on the arched script, but not on the straight script.

You do have to admit though that then it would look like an Oklahoma uniform and not a Houston one. I do feel the need to fill the sleeve cap with something, but they can keep it white.

Well...I really, really hate the white shoulder caps, so I'm willing to risk it. B)

You do have to admit though that then it would look like an Oklahoma uniform and not a Houston one. I do feel the need to fill the sleeve cap with something, but they can keep it white.

Well...I really, really hate the white shoulder caps, so I'm willing to risk it. B)

Agree. The photo on the right looks tons better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived