Uniforms that would be better with or without one small detail

TheRicSlick

The St. Louis Blues' new unis would look more fabulous if the white stripes (and the light blue stripes from the away jersey) in the middle portions would be painted directly beside the yellow stripes instead of stripes with the main uniform color in between them. It simply looks inconsistent.

With the tweak, it basically now looks like a more traditional version of the 98-07 unis. I'll only show the home uniform below.

BEFORE

5091_st_louis_blues-home-2015.png

AFTER

izjD1nx.jpg

I disagree. The white and yellow get lost in your version. I like the blue stripe between the two.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do have to admit though that then it would look like an Oklahoma uniform and not a Houston one. I do feel the need to fill the sleeve cap with something, but they can keep it white.

Quick and dirty version:

Both%20Uniforms%20Side%20View_TV%20NUMBE

I would still rather have red sleeves on both jerseys, but literally anything would be better than what we have now.

You do have to admit though that then it would look like an Oklahoma uniform and not a Houston one. I do feel the need to fill the sleeve cap with something, but they can keep it white.

Quick and dirty version:

Both%20Uniforms%20Side%20View_TV%20NUMBE

I would still rather have red sleeves on both jerseys, but literally anything would be better than what we have now.

Simply removing the double outline from the logo on the helmet would make this really nice.

I disagree. The white and yellow get lost in your version. I like the blue stripe between the two.

This. The Blues uniforms are perfect as is.

On the other hand, I think the Dallas Star's roads would look worlds better without the shoulder yoke

Well...I really, really hate the white shoulder caps, so I'm willing to risk it. B)

I agree.. I hate white sleeve caps on colored jerseys.. For some reason it's just too much white.. Almost gives it an "away" jersey feel from certain angles somehow.. It also looks cheap like stock jerseys that have several colors with white cap sleeves and several white jerseys with various colored cap sleeves.. Always feels kinda "eastbay catalog-ish" to me..

The Angels have too many outlines around their font (navy, white, silver). It might not look too bad on the home uniforms, but it bothers me on the alternate uniforms. If you're going to do the whole "red on red" thing, get rid the the silver outline.

Albert+Pujols+Mike+Trout+Los+Angeles+Ang

I'm inclined for them to just get rid the silver outline altogether because they don't even use it in their logo or their main script.

The Angels DO use silver on their main wordmark, ans not just the halo on the A.

They have silver drop shadow on the arched script, but not on the straight script.

Archived