Miami Vice MLS Logo

charlessollars

That isn't even the issue anymore. The REAL issue is these pompous :censored:s like UpperV and chrisCLEMENT who act like they own the :censored:ing thread and do nothing but bury everybody's concepts instead of providing REAL constructive criticism and helping them to become better designers. They can't provide constructive criticism. They don't even know what constructive criticism is.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOUR POSTING IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD. We're not gonna C+C your work in someone else's thread. It's not one thread for all who wanna post concepts for this team. It's been repeated numerous times. Now you're whining like a 16-year-old kid. Which you are. You probably shouldn't be posting here at all if you get defensive about the obvious.

I'm not even complaining about posting in somebody else's thread! I'm trying to get through to chrisCLEMENT that his 'burying everybody else's concepts' bull :censored: isn't going to be tolerated anymore.

I'm not even complaining about posting in somebody else's thread! I'm trying to get through to chrisCLEMENT that his 'burying everybody else's concepts' bull :censored: isn't going to be tolerated anymore.

Anymore? You've been here for 5 minutes. You put up some 5-second typed out wording in someone else's thread, and then threw a fit when we wouldn't C+C it. Chris is a legit artist and like the rest if us, he's getting tired of kids like you coming in and flooding the boards with this nonsense. He gave you honesty. If you can't handle that, you're not mature enough to be here. This isn't "lovey dovey hold your hand and tell you everything you do is awesome" time. I don't care what people may tell you on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, but here we're adults and if you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be posting here. I linked you to the pinned topic. I recommend you read it.

You only think it sucks because it was made by me. :censored:.

No it sucks because it sucks, I don't even know you. Like we said before get your own thread if you want people to treat you well. Jacking other threads will always give you this kind of response lol.

I do know what criticism is and I use it to make my concepts better... I've grown as an artist using this board. But you have to use the board correctly and not just expect positive critiques when you throw together concepts like this lol (and not even on your own thread).

As for this concept, hope to see an update shortly so we can get back on track with this topic.

And :censored: you too, wonderbread. You're no different than both of those pieces of :censored:.

Alright, look at these words. IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU LOOK BAD. Ok?

But responding to critism with insults isn't the best way to go about things here. Especially against Chris, one of the better and more established designers on this board. Take what they say, and try and make it better.

And to the OP, I echo what the others have said.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Let me see YOU battle Asperger Syndrome where you can't socialize or interact with anybody. Let me see YOU battle ADD where your brain functions less by every stress level. Maybe you'll understand why I'm so :censored:ing tired of chrisCLEMENT's bull :censored:.

Let me see YOU battle Asperger Syndrome where you can't socialize or interact with anybody. Let me see YOU battle ADD where your brain functions less by every stress level. Maybe you'll understand why I'm so :censored:ing tired of chrisCLEMENT's bull :censored:.

Not a pass to do whatever you want and no one can say anything to you that you don't like. If you can't deal with the reality of these boards, then don't post here.

You don't seem to understand the simple fact that even if you didn't intend to, you did hijack this thread. If you have your own concept, either ask the original poster if you can post it (a lot of people will probably say yes) or create your own thread. Let me also point out that your aggressive style of posting does not accomplish anything. I agree that some of chrisclement's posts are rude. However, that doesn't give you the right to turn this topic into a flame war.

Since you asked for C&C, I will give you some. Your wordmark concept is bad. It's uninspired and lacks the creativity that makes a good logo. Additionally, it doesn't fit at all with the concept that was originally posted in this thread.

Finally, to the original poster, I'm not a huge fan of the logo, but I think it has potential. The main problem is the excessive shading. Ideally, logos should use as few colors as possible. I like your idea to include neon colors in a couple other versions, but I think that they should be more prominent. I'm interested to see you refine this logo, and I appreciate the time you spent creating this concept.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

The original logo doesn't look too hot to me, to be honest. The line widths are off with the M and the V, and the gold colour scheme is a little strange.

The wordmark isn't very good, either, but that's another story.

On the subject of the original post, it looks too stock to me, I'd drop the gradient go with a 2d badge, work on fixing the vice in the badge and go from there.

On the subject of hi-jacking, it was a hijack'd thread, lets leave it at that and we are only feeding his incompetence by continuing this, as well, my C+C on the wordmark is that is looks too stock, something you find where you just type it in paint and call it done. there was nothing creative done to the wordmark.

The real issue isn't the board members entirely but its the artwork quality being posted, most of us are novice and we are here to learn but accepting a criticism is one thing, but taking it to heart is another. You may love your art, some of us dont. Don't take offense, its just merely our opinion.

I feel as if to raise a real opinion, we should divide the concepts board into uniform concepts (which is mostly what you guys have been posting)

Logo concepts (for the rare ones that actually post logos and specific wordmark related to a logo)

And full concepts (for uniforms and such)

And clear set of rules for posters to understand, and consquences for those rules, a simple rule of hi-jacking for me at least would be deletion of the post, 24 hour ban for the user, and then move on.

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

I'm kinda getting a Dragnet type of vibe with this concept. Which might work better for a LA based team instead of Miami.

I like the idea of a badge but maybe try to incorporate the colors of the TV show Miami Vice and do away with the gradients.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

On the actually concept:

It's okay, but really needs more fun and vibrant colors for a team from Miami.

On all this other stuff:

I am just a forum newbie so I have no business to be speaking, but here are my thoughts:

-There needs to be a 1 week ban for posting your concepts in other people's threads. Period.

-lol. How is it "helping someone out" to post a concept when the concept looks NOTHING like the original design.

-I don't like to say this, but the wordmark really sucks. I hate saying that but it is hard to say anything else when it probably took longer to get it on a image hosting site than actually make the concept.

-In my opinion the guy should be ban for at least two weeks. He has posted in another member's thread and made person attacks on many members. He also basically criticized the C+C he received. I may have been harsh but it was true.

Just my two cents.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Archived