Baltimore Ravens Alternate Logo Concept

VitorioArts

I'm not a big fan of it but that doesn't mean others won't like it. Less kind division opponents' fans will nickname them the purple turds were they to use it though.

I'm also not a big fan of it, and I'm a Ravens fan lol. But like SoxSteeler said, it doesn't mean that other people won't like it.

Sportswizard1983_zps7xai8yfc-2.png.d2f11

WVU.png.22664ef4e86d8f821acb84b9014bce7a

JC91utQ.png.70fdf0119fd81850ce7b9dfce1702016 Orioles: 5-0, 1st in AL East

I just don't think this works. It's a good effort, but I think a feather just doesn't make a very good logo.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I think, if you really created something memorable, a feather could be a cool choice for an alt logo. In fact, one of the strongest identities in all of sport uses a fern as it's primary logo, so I think you could get a feather to be one too, It'll just take some doing. What you have right now isn't sharp enough. It looks like a hot dog going to the bathroom. Instead, take a harder look at a raven's feather. What makes it visually interesting? Remember that your goal here isn't to make something accurate, but make it interesting; so embellish the interesting aspects of the feather your making up and don't be so concerned about creating something that looks like any ordinary one.

Shaping it more like a quill pen (admittedly, raven feathers weren't used for this- usually goose quills were), possibly having it writing out 'Ravens", would give it a better tie-in to the Edgar Allan Poe aspect of the name.

quill-pen-e1362077504197.jpg?w=640

Which reminds me of my answer to Lewis Carroll's riddle, "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

-Because they both have inky feathers.

A more relevant answer I see from the net is, "Because Poe wrote on both."

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived