@UniformDesigns

Bulldog Logo (Updated)

I'm new to logo making but I think this turned out pretty good but I want to know if I should change anything. It's for a fantasy basketball league, and it will be the London Bulldogs. This is made with paint.

Bulldoglogo_zpsa3dc4d9d.png

It could use some eyes being a lifelike representation of a bull dog and not an abstract one. There are some spots missing outlines.

It's amazing that u made that in paint

I like the angle you chose. Try it in black and white before you add colors. Incidentally, you have two different shades of blue included, the jaw being darker than the upper head. Also, don't use red for the teeth and put some character into the eyes. keep working on this, it has potential.

Don't like the color choice.

I would make it look more like a dog colorwise, so more neutrals with "maybe" one non neutral. I think that it would look better that way.

There is not enough contrast between the blue and thin black lines, so right now from afar its just a big blue area with eyes and a nose. Lighten the blue. Thicken the lines or at least add some shading. Right now its just a line drawing that you've filled in blue. It's a decent start though and with more depth, it can be good.

looks great for paint, but there can definitely be improvements.

Work on the eyes and put in some white accents (within the red of the ears, for instance). And white teeth! Good logo, though, reminds me of Spike (of Tom & Jerry)!

looks great for paint, but there can definitely be improvements.

Jake, you seem like a great guy, and I don't want to blast you too hard, but all of your comments in the concept forum seem to be "great logo" or "wow" or like yours above, but you never seem to offer any feedback besides that. What do you like about the concept? What is it that you think could be improved upon? What is it that you don't like about a certain concept? Why? Of course, who am I to say that to you, I've only been on the boards for two months.

You've got a great start here. You've got a good sense of form and dimension. However, your linework is too thin--think of how that will look shrunken up, which I know is harder to do with Paint since you can't do it without risking distortion. Also, you chose your colouring haphazardly. There seems to be little thought besides, "Let's grab this colour for the fill tool here, it's gotta be filled in." Think of why you're choosing a colour, and how it relates to the other colours in the palette.

I would pick a more contrasting color, either make the blue or red lighter, or one of them darker. The red and blue seem to blend together. I also think there needs to be eyes on the bulldog and needs to be a little more defined, especially the ear... the ear bothers me more than anything honestly.

EDIT: I would also change the teeth color.

Updated Version

I know it was missing something so I added a collar to implement.

Added realistic eyes

fixed colors

Bulldoglogo_zpse9c189c9.png

I would have the eyes be a different color. And the ear still bothers me, it looks like it was just slapped on, needs some more detail.

Updated Version

Added realistic eyes

fixed colors

I would have the eyes be a different color. And the ear still bothers me, it looks like it was just slapped on, needs some more detail.

Like what?

Think of using some shading too around the face. Right now the only 'shading' I see is a highlight on the ears which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you shade the rest of the head using the same light source it could start to come together. Also with the lines, try making them thicker and coming to a point rather than rounding them out. Making them thicker will make the logo look more bold and adding a point will give it a sharp and modern feel

Question for my benefit and also this post: When you (like Wonka) are talking about shading, are you meaning adding more colors to the pallete or do you mean shade by using thicker lines? I definitely think this would benefit by using some variation in the line thickness. But I often hear the warning about using too many colors in a logo and it seems he is doing a very good job of avoiding that.

So for those of us who aren't experience with the logos, how do we add the shading but not overdose on adding too many colors?

Updated Version

Added realistic eyes

fixed colors

Like what?
You have what appears is supposed to be the under side of the ear actually on the top of the ear. If you look at how you have it drawn, your showing the upper side, not the under/inside.