NFL Training camp uniforms - Complete! All 32 teams, 6-29-14

oldschoolvikings

I think for some of these you could go the route of the 1995-1996 WLAF uniforms and add a simple sublimation pattern in place of the zany designs that Amsterdam and Rhein used. The number size was about 4 inches on the front of the shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the idea of fun training camp uniforms. If baseball can do it...the NFL should jump on the idea. The merchandising alone would be huge. I think you're doing a great job. If not for training camp, I think they would be great for preseason games (with no red QB jersey of course). I know you said there would be no "editorializing" but I think it would be cool to use some of the old logos on a few of the uniforms. Like the old Packers logo (see my avatar) instead of an oval with a number in it. Or maybe just the big "G" and a number. Overall...great job! Looking forward to seeing the rest.

I struggled a bit with that Packer concept. Whenever possible, I'd like to actually incorporate the number directly into the logo... I also did that with the 9ers concept, I think with a bit more success. With Green Bay, my thinking was the oval would be like the one on the helmet, and also bring to mind the circle front on the Packs' throwback. I might try the classic logo and see what it looks like.

buctc_zps5e245902.png

you didI can't believe how good that TB one is, most of their stuff is absolute :censored:

Yeah, I was surprised by how not-so-bad that turned out, too. My original idea here is to not do any "fixing" of what I feel is a bad uniform or logo. In other words, if I really was handed this assignment, I'd have to work with the new Bucs' look, as is. That number font goes from horrifically bad to just sort of dopey when you remove all the extra gunk.

Love the idea of fun training camp uniforms. If baseball can do it...the NFL should jump on the idea. The merchandising alone would be huge. I think you're doing a great job. If not for training camp, I think they would be great for preseason games (with no red QB jersey of course). I know you said there would be no "editorializing" but I think it would be cool to use some of the old logos on a few of the uniforms. Like the old Packers logo (see my avatar) instead of an oval with a number in it. Or maybe just the big "G" and a number. Overall...great job! Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Took your advice...

Packer version 2. What do you think?

gbtc2_zps5f3cbbd5.png

beartc_zpsf67a9524.png

In my opinion, these are the best of the bunch. Well done, overall but these Bears unis jumped off the page.

I certainly recognize the ease of simply having the generic "ad space" emblem but it'd be interesting to see these with the actual logos of the companies sponsoring the various training camps.

For example:

NFC East

Dallas - Ford

Washington - Bon Secours

New York - Toyota

Phily - Sports Authority

(Just a thought)

These are all money. Good work.

NFL should follow MLB and make merch money off practice gear.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

pitttc_zps3e93a181.png

Not trying to be biased, but the Steelers are easily the best so far.

I had fun with that one. My first thought was to just do what I had done a few times before, put a large version of helmet logo on the front and keep the sleeve stripes from the game jerseys. But, IMO that particular helmet logo at the large size just looked kinda stupid and a little cheap. When I decided to go with the throwback logo, at first I tried it plain with a white outline, but I didn't really like that either. Once I decided to place it in a circle similar to the helmet logo, it all fell into place.

I hadn't seen this yet, this is an excellent idea! I've never thought of the NFL designing and marketing/selling training camp jerseys, but it does make sense. I like the large logos on these, but I think they might look better if every logo was centered, with the numbers and ads on the right and left shoulders like you did for the Steelers except maybe with smaller numbers. I'm not sure how well I like the red uniforms either. Someone else might have addressed this earlier, but why not use white as a third color? Or use the primary color for offense, white for defense, and a third color (not red) for the QBs.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm not sure how well I like the red uniforms either. Someone else might have addressed this earlier, but why not use white as a third color? Or use the primary color for offense, white for defense, and a third color (not red) for the QBs.

Well, using bright red for the QB jersey isn't really my idea, exactly... it's just sort of the standard color that teams use for QBs and sometimes for players recovering from injury. It basically means "no hitting". In researching this idea, I found that the only NFL teams that don't use red for the QB jersey are teams that already have red as a primary color (for example, the Redskins and Chiefs both use gold/yellow for their QBs), or teams that have a large amount of orange in their scheme (Miami, Cleveland) who tend to use orange.

When you get around to the Broncos uniforms, you should use this logo. I simply think it's the coolest way anyone has ever combined the old broncos history with the new.

broncosoldandnew_zps8cc3efbc.jpg

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived