Is Brown For The Padres Really a Popular Opinion?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush SUCKS.

They've been hit or miss with me. Overall there's not much I like, but "Tom Sawyer" and "Red Barchetta" were good songs and later some of the stuff from the "Presto" and "Roll The Bones" CDs was okay. I can't speak to their stuff since because I've not followed them at all.

They produce a very full sound for just three guys and Neil Pert plays a mean drum set. I do think they are musical "geniuses" of a sort, but not necessarily my taste, and they are definitely an acquired taste. They certainly don't "suck", though.

(I never thought I'd make THAT post on THIS site. :) )

Some Rush absolutely sucks, but if you hate "Spirit of Radio" or "Red Barchetta" or "Limelight," well, I don't quite know how to put this, but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure that means you're not allowed to be a white guy who likes hockey. It's like saying Van Halen's greatest hits suck.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well said, Admiral.and Hawk. I could go on about Rush for hours (same with Van Halen, my personal fave), but I'd like to draw a different kind of musical comparison to the Padres in brown...

Mumford and Sons. Normally, the banjo is an incredibly annoying instrument. It's the stereotypical instrument of them backwater folk ;) But in the case of M&S, it enhances their music because they use it in a way that's just so...right. The Padres can absolutely make brown their "banjo" if they look back at their past, but simultaneously remember that it's impossible to please everyone. i.e., don't try to force combination of elements like the red-white-blue PCL Padres and the pinstripes, and the Taco Bell caps, etc.

Essential elements IMO: brown (light enough so it doesn't look black from a distance), sand and gold. I'd be game for a navy/Columbia blue/brown mish-mash, but a combo like that seems much easier to muck up. Thus, I reiterate: the navy "fits" their surroundings, but please, Padres, prove me wrong and break out something great!

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Rush sucks.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, with any sort of ability to see the big picture wants brown back in San Diego.

The Padres could "own" the color brown in MLB? Yipee!!!!!! The Cleveland Browns "own" the color brown in football. How are they faring in merchandise sales? They don't even wear their brown uniforms at home.

Brown=poo

Brown=dirt

Hipsters won't even think that's cool for more than a week or so.

Rush sucks.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, with any sort of ability to see the big picture wants brown back in San Diego.

The Padres could "own" the color brown in MLB? Yipee!!!!!! The Cleveland Browns "own" the color brown in football. How are they faring in merchandise sales? They don't even wear their brown uniforms at home.

Brown=poo

Brown=dirt

Red is the colour of blood and murder, but many teams use that. How about blue, blue=water and water can be extremely dangerous and cause disasters. Black is associated with darkness and criminals but that's okay. Yellow is the colour of piss, (I hope it is the only colour for all of us when it comes to that.) but that colour is used by many Sports teams but there's no problem with that. Come on, to each their own. If you hate brown, you hate brown. Wouldn't people who see the bigger picture want to see their team own a colour? The Dallas Stars just did that and look at them now. You know who they are. As for the Cleveland Browns, I'm sure their merchandise levels are low because that team has not had any success or any major stars on their roster in a very long time.

Rush sucks.

Brown=poo

Brown=dirt

What is the big picture? Being the most forgotten about franchise in MLB?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Rush sucks.

Brown=poo

Brown=dirt

I'm pretty sure the Padres are selling more brown throwback merch than their current stuff. Can anyone confirm this?

Archived