Charlotte Hornets Uniform Concepts (Home & Away) UPDATED

Generic

So ever since they released the logos, fonts and such for the Charlotte Hornets 2.0, I've really just been trying to think of what the uniforms would look like. So I tried to play the logistics card and also implement some personal touches.

The collar makes the honey comb shape in the front but goes into the back in a traditional rounded way. Really loved the collars on the original so I decided to keep elements from that. Felt the honey comb shapes are fairly important to the identity and really in a logistical sense that it wouldn't be wild or over the top to be apart of the neckline somehow.

The shorts I kept simple, just like the originals. The biggest change is the striping pattern on the bottom, it's now just a simple line going across. I did this since I personally wasn't a fan of how contrasting the shorts and jersey were on the originals. I also felt the neckline design was too complex for the shorts so rather I wanted a simple element that worked with the pinstripes that obviously wouldn't be over the top. I picked that blue since it'd be a colour that shows well on either jersey and also it seems that blue was an important accent in the originals.

The shorts logo is pretty much just in placement of the old logo, I personally believe they'll use this logo on the uniforms. The logo on the back of the neck is also one I think they'll use in that exact spot. I kept it the same colour, with white outline on the dark for consistency rather than do the version I've seen directly on purple.

I'm pretty happy with my results, I don't get much time anymore to execute my ideas on to the computer so I'm glad I can share this with you guys. C&C is always welcomed.

Home :

hornetsnewhome_zps4ca85d5b.png

Away :

hornetsnewaway_zps82947f6d.png

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Not a bad start!! Love the color choices for the stripe at the bottom of the shorts. But im going to agree with having stripes on top AND bottom. I know CH 1.0 had them that way but now it doesn't look as symmetrical. 1/2 collar looks great too but full collar might have been better.

8/10 just a few tweaks nothing major!

shado_logo.gif

Update

So it seems the neckline wasn't so popular, but I mostly expected that. I guess for these I just took the majority opinion so far and implemented the suggestions. So the collar goes to the exact (well, the original had a blue on the outer and teal on the inner) way it originally appeared for the Charlotte Hornets 1.0. Also added in short stripes and modified the bottom stripe going across.

C&C welcome of course.

Home :
Hornets2home_zps8619bd4c.png

Away :
Hornets2away_zpsf2ae31b2.png

I think the neckline you had originally was pretty cool, but probably got lost when presented this way. On the court I think it would have looked pretty slick, especially if the collar component followed the angle formed by the V-Neck. Still, it all looks pretty awesome. Nice job!

I think the neckline you had originally was pretty cool, but probably got lost when presented this way. On the court I think it would have looked pretty slick, especially if the collar component followed the angle formed by the V-Neck. Still, it all looks pretty awesome. Nice job!

Thanks, that's definitely appreciated! The original neckline definitely is something hard to show off in that perspective as in this perspective, it almost looks like it's some sort of flap collar. Glad you see what I was thinking, that on a player it'd actually look pretty solid! Definitely expected it wouldn't be well received on perspective alone though honestly.

Limit the pinstripes to two colours rather than four.... I'd suggest teal and grey for the dark set because they have the least contrast.

The new unis will have those multicolored pinstripes..we already have that confirmed.

good call on that one

xOwzChW.jpg

Limit the pinstripes to two colours rather than four.... I'd suggest teal and grey for the dark set because they have the least contrast.

The new unis will have those multicolored pinstripes..we already have that confirmed.

good call on that one

Is that a Nets Starter jacket in your profile pic? If so, that's sick!

good call on that one

Hey smart ass..read below!

http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-uniform-faq

I'll post the right section for ya.

Are there pinstripes?

Yes. In homage to the original Hornets uniform, this one too features striping, but only on the left side. The asymmetrical look stands out and makes the uniform unique. In addition, the stripes use the purple, teal and light blue of the original Hornets, but also adds a new color in gray

shado_logo.gif

Archived