Most/Least successful Uni/Logo overhauls

Unocal

I agree that the Rays' current look is bland and generic (almost like they just used a template and didn't change it one bit), but I didn't think their "Devil Rays" look with the green and black was all that great either. The green was too dark to contrast properly with the black; they desperately needed (in my mind) to either lighten the green or adopt a lighter third color (their current light blue could have worked in that way).

Agreed. I'd go so far as to call the current set a pretty significant upgrade, based on how much I dislikes the drab prior set.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Worst Logos & Uniforms

NFL. \ CFL.

Cleveland Browns - NFL.

New York Jets - NFL.

Buffalo Bills - NFL.

Detroit Lions - NFL.

Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL.

Carolina Panthers - NFL.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - CFL.

Toronto Argonauts - CFL.

NBA.

Brooklyn Nets

New Orleans Pelicans

Detroit Pistons

Houston Rockets

Oklahoma City Thunder

MLB.

Cleveland Indians

Texas Rangers

San Diego Padres

Miami Marlins

Pittsburgh Pirates

NHL. \ AHL. \ CHL.

NY. Islanders - NHL.

Tampa Bay Lightning - NHL.

Washington Capitals - NHL.

Ottawa Senators - NHL.

Milwaukee Admirals - AHL.

Lake Erie Monsters - AHL.

Binghamton Senators - AHL.

North Bay Battalion - CHL. (OHL.)

Sudbury Wolves - CHL. (OHL.)

Regina Pats - CHL. (WHL.)

Kelowna Rockets - CHL. (WHL.)

The worst, by a significant margin, is the recent Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who went from a legitimate modern classic straight to probably the worst uniform set in NFL history.

Easy pick for me too, especially considering I don't follow baseball (or hockey) too closely so the Black Jays fiasco wasn't on my radar.

We've got one coming up that should top the "worst" list for all-time.

And no, I'm not going to "leak" who that team is.

All I will say, is that if ANYONE on this board thinks it's an upgrade, I'll be shocked.

This worries me because the only rebrand I know that is coming up is the Browns. It's too close to the start of baseball season for it to be an MLB team. The NBA and NHL are still in season, so they wouldn't have anything new coming up. SO... unless someone has kept a rebrand completely secret, that pretty much just leaves the NFL and the Browns are the only one who have announced an upcoming change.

But for me the best have been the current Buffalo Bills rebrand and the current Toronto Blue Jays.

The worst by far are the current Tampa Bay Bucs.

It's gotta be the Browns. More ammunition for the anti-Nike crowd to add to their NFL redesign arsenal. Although of all managements involved (Fins, Vikings, Seahawks, Jags, Bucs) I'd be most likely to place more of the blame on the Browns' for whatever happens. Why would I trust a team that repeatedly drafts quarterbacks and then tosses them aside to have good taste?

The only other redesigns coming up that I know of are in the NBA, with the Raptors, Rockets, and Hawks. The Raptors and Hawks are both in the meh camp for me right now, so it's hard to see how a redesign would launch them into the list of the worst (in fact, the Hawks will almost definitely be an upgrade if it's retro-inspired). And everyone now seems to hate the Yao-era Rockets look, so I'm sure that'll be an upgrade too.

EDIT:

The only other hint I'll give:

I haven't seen what the Browns are going to do.

It's NOT the Browns.

Damnit, should've read the second page

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The worst, by a significant margin, is the recent Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who went from a legitimate modern classic straight to probably the worst uniform set in NFL history.

I'll agree that the Bucs' jerseys and pants look atrocious. However, I actually think their logo now is just as good as their old one, or very close. I LOVE how they've made the logo bigger on the helmet, and I think the chrome facemasks look pretty cool. That said, everything below the neck is terrible, and the overall switch was a pretty big downgrade.

Based on the brief facebook post this morning, I'll already throw the Bucks on this pile if they add orange to the color scheme. I just don't see any way that ends well.

The only colors in the Bucks' scheme should be white, various shades of green, and maybe silver.

The only other hint I'll give:

I haven't seen what the Browns are going to do.

It's NOT the Browns.

image.jpg

My picks (since he didn't say when the change would occur):

- Islanders

- Bucks

- Raptors

- Hawks

Man, it would take a pretty epic fail to downgrade while simultaneously moving the Pac-Bird logo front and center.

Despite their first Lombardi, big downgrade.

This makes iteasy to spot the bandwagon fans, so many here on the east coast...they all have the brand new look, nothing vintage,

Russell+Wilson+St+Louis+Rams+v+Seattle+S

richard-sherman-ankle-injury.jpg

^This is a a downgrade from:

Seahawks-sign-RB-Lynch-to-four-year-deal

sea-02-11-allgreen-danielgluskoter-675x3

And all looks since are a downgrade compared to:Jim-Zorn-and-Largent.jpg

seahawks-cortez.jpg

I think that it was a great rebrand, for a team with no tradition, it sure captivated an audience and helped kick start their new success. If someone has no history, don't honor it

I agree that the Rays' current look is bland and generic (almost like they just used a template and didn't change it one bit), but I didn't think their "Devil Rays" look with the green and black was all that great either. The green was too dark to contrast properly with the black; they desperately needed (in my mind) to either lighten the green or adopt a lighter third color (their current light blue could have worked in that way).

Agreed. I'd go so far as to call the current set a pretty significant upgrade, based on how much I dislikes the drab prior set.

It might be a case of "too many colors", but if the Rays could incorporate light green into the current set it would be pretty awesome. The 2015 Women's Final Four logo is pretty nice because of the addition of the light green. It adds to the Florida flavor as well.

1392__womens_final_four-primary-2015.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

We've got one coming up that should top the "worst" list for all-time.

And no, I'm not going to "leak" who that team is.

All I will say, is that if ANYONE on this board thinks it's an upgrade, I'll be shocked.

Is it a team that we know is rebranding or is it a surprise?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

My guess is for the Bucks. They had a teaser image of orange and green in a terrible font, but it did say something about April 1st, so i'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully they'll unveil a horrible new look as an April Fool's Day joke, and then unveil a return to the Irish Rainbow the next day.

Archived