What I call "cardinal and white confusion"

PackerBadger

You mention Wisconsin's red being between OSU and IU but their Pantone colors are 200 and 201. Wisconsin's is 200. Maybe those have changed over the years though? But i dont recall the Badgers ever being much different.

I think their current unis are fine. The addition of red pants and a red helmet is good but to have 2 with alternate facemask colors is just stupid.

The real issue with all the red/white schools is they all look the same. 1 swatch difference dosent matter, and a different traditional stripe dosent matter. They are all very similar identities. The emphasis of red helps Wisconsin stand out a bit, the addition of black only pushes them closer to NCState. No problems are really solved.

My suggestion would be to either embrase a neutral color like black or gray and play it up more or insist on being a pure red/white team and never try to stand out. Just do red/white more consistantly than anyone else. IU used to do that but screwed it up last year

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wisconsin seems bound and determined to move away from just the White/Red/White look.

And that is 100% okay with this Nebraska fan. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived