Print-out Tickets vs Ticket Stubs

ScoffingYayap

I was at today's Phillies game where Jimmy Rollins broke Mike Schmidt's hit record. A conversation got me to thinking how valuable a ticket stub of this game could be one day. My friend and I got the tickets via Stubhub so unfortunately we were only able to print out our tickets from home. We're both very happy we got to see this one in person, especially since we randomly bought the tickets over a month ago, but the question popped up to us. We checked the box office at the game and they refused to exchange the tickets for the real ticket stubs.

Anyone know of any way that could exchange these for them? Or if these print-out tickets are of any value?

If you're talking design-wise, then actual tickets are better... usually. But truthfully, ticket stubs are just clutter. I have the ticket stubs from some of the first concerts I attended, but haven't gotten around to throwing them away. Since I grab my tickets to games last minute a lot of times, I print them out.

When I was at UGA, we had our student tickets loaded onto ID cards - no paper tickets. I was sad to learn that because I've been going to football games there since I was a kid and have all my tickets still.

I just started to stay in the stands and let the crowd thin out after the game, then go around and look for stubs on the ground. They're always there. Not the exact seat I was in, obviously, but still a nice memento from the game.

PJU85JF.png

I agree with all of you, I hate printout/e-tickets but I think that's the way of the future unfortunately.

Personally I have many ticket stubs from the games I have been to and rtill enjoy collecting them, but with the advent of Stubhub the printouts are becoming more prevalent.

i think the next thing will be tickets that you present on your phone and and get in, which would be a shame

Apple has had a Passbook app built into iPhones for two years now. I have tickets for a Pirates game next month on it.

Even if the tickets aren't Passbook-compatible, you can screenshot the tickets instead of printing them out.

I actually think this is a more-memorable option than print-out tickets, since they will stay on your phone until you delete them.

I was at Game 4 of the Calder Cup Finals and saw the Norfolk Admirals win the Calder Cup, and I don't have a stub to prove it...

Stupid print-outs

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived