NFL Re-design drakexedge style (Vikings, Lions, & Jaguars added)

drakexedge

So after seeing countless NFL re-designs in this forums over the past year or two -- some great, some not so great -- I have decided to throw my hat in the ring. I'm currently designing as well as modifying some existing templates to fit my needs, so the actual process may play out rather slowly.

I will be releasing each team as I finish them, by division, starting with the AFC North.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a bad concept by any means, and I think it's probably a slight upgrade, but when I look at it, I think, "Been there, done that." I feel like a lot of other people have tended to to fairly similar things with the Steelers.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Also, if you say you're going to ahead of time, make sure you finish posting ALL of your concepts. Unlike some posters who don't and leave people waiting around without a clue.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to leave anyone confused. I finished the Steelers up today, but first I decided to go a little more in depth with this...

I re-formated the divisions, and will be releasing them as such.

AFC NORTH:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Cincinatti Bengals

Indianapolis Colts

AFC SOUTH:

Jacksonville Jags

Miami Dolphins

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

AFC EAST:

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens

New York Jets

AFC WEST:

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

Kansas City Chiefs

NFC NORTH:

Green Bay Packers

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions

NFC SOUTH:

Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dallas Cowboys

NFC EAST:

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

Carolina Panthers

NFC WEST:

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

As you can see, I shook it up a little bit, but not much. I simply wanted the divisions to make a little more sense geographically.

Now as far as the series goes, each team will have a home set, away set, and either an alternate, throwback, or sometimes both, or sometimes none depending on how it applies to each team. I haven't currently set any specific limits on the amount helmets, pants, etc that a team can have, but I will be keeping it reasonable. I will also be redesigning some logos, depending how I feel about what they currently have, or maybe just to throw some new flavor to an old franchise, but I won't be redesigning every logo for the sole fact that there a plenty that I completely enjoy as is.

If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to let me know, and we'll see what we can make happen.

First up, the Pittsburgh Steelers!

As a Steelers fan, I can't say there is much about their current set that I really wanted to change. I always loved the look of the 70's uniforms with the block numbers, so they make a comeback, as well as on the helmets. Otherwise, for the most part their home and away sets stay the same.

As you might notice, I also gave their logo a slight modification to all capital letters, just for a little bit of slick modernization.

For the alternate, I decided to give the home jersey/pants a color swap, and I really like the outcome, and the gold jerseys made me imagine Bane blowing up the home field of the Gotham City Rogues in Christopher Nolan's "the Dark Knight."

I threw in the throwbacks the Steelers wore prior to the "bumblebee" uniforms that they currently have been using. This set features the current logo rather than my "caps" version.

C&C is of course welcome!

pit-home_zps59e75fe3.png

pit-away_zpse70e53e8.png

pit-alt_zps983bf875.png

pit-tb_zps74c60961.png

I like what you've done. But switching oakland and the cards ruins the west. You're eliminating the Denver v. Oakland rivalry, and you're messing with the oldest team in the league. Not Smart.

Anyone else in favor of switching back Arizona and Oakland?

I was kind of going for a bay rivalry there, but if you guys think it's a bad move, then I'll switch it back. Haha

In favor of switching it back, your pants should have full stripes

For the record, I went with the cut off stripes to give the set a little bit of modern flare.

I'll be switching Arizona back with Oakland then as well.

A little update, I've finished up Cleveland, and will be posting them later. Just a heads up, I used the talk of the 2015 Nike redesign as inspiration for the Browns, and you'll see that show. However, it's nothing overboard, so don't fret!

Pittsburgh would be fine with a full stripe, I understand that you want to give it a modern flare, but in the case of teams like Pittsburgh, modern should never be used on their beautiful uniform.

spacer.png

Next up are the Cleveland Browns.

As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to give Cleveland a little bit of a makeover as Nike has planned for 2015, so this would be my interpretation of something I think they could have in the works.

I made the helmet stripe resemble the stripe in the "B" logo, threw in some gray, and added a stroke on the name/numbers.

The throwback is actually what they currently wear because it's honestly one of the best looks in the NFL in my opinion, but for the sake of this being a redesign thread, I wanted to change them up.

cle-home_zps927a3c3c.png

cle-away_zps237d7bb0.png

cle-alt_zpsb8a6df5b.png

cle-tb_zps7b24c24c.png

Also worth noting:

I made a few compositional edits to Pittsburgh, and added the full stripe to all of the pants. I also removed the numbers from the throwback helmets.

- Cincinnatti is currently in the works, and I should have them posted by the end of the day.

C&C is of course welcome.

I'd put the outline on the Browns numbers against the numbers not leaving any space. Not really feeling the gray cuffs much either, rather see them in brown. Orange pants would be a nice addition too.

spacer.png

Archived