U.S. Soccer Crest Concept

VitorioArts

Hey Guys! Since the World Cup is on i thought we should show you our United States Soccer Crest concept. It's a more serious logo with the good old stars and stripes. Hope you like this one!

C&C Welcome!

USCrest_zpsb9510103.jpg

(Same shape as the old crest)

The beveled stars are one of me beefs with the current logo. Makes it scream 90s. Get rid of the beveling and maybe use a soccer ball with stars and fill the empty blue space with USA.

spacer.png

My favorite is the top right

Agreed but needs a different wordmark

I've never liked that wordmark, actually, yet have seen it cropping up on the forum lately. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that one created for USA Basketball, anyway? That's where I first saw it, at least. The ball does seem a little large in that space, too.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Except basketball was the only sport the use the upward-facing version:

That's track ...

Right.

Like I said, basketball was the only sport to use the upward version. That's why I included an image of a track athlete wearing a downward version of the wordmark.

It take the biggest problem with the current crest, the stars, and makes it even worse. Ditch the stars.

Why ditch the stars?

Because stars in soccer suggest World Cup titles.

True about the stars and championships, but Italy is the only country (off the top of my head) that incorporates the championship stars into the design of the crest. And, despite yesterday's result, I don't think the USMNT is going to confuse anyone by including the stars. The USWNT, on the other hand, might, but they include the stars outside the crest.

I'm not against seeing a good crest without the stars. I just don't think it's realistic for a country with stars on its flag.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Except basketball was the only sport the use the upward-facing version:

That's track ...

Right.

Like I said, basketball was the only sport to use the upward version. That's why I included an image of a track athlete wearing a downward version of the wordmark.

Oops, now I get it. Sorry. Just misunderstood you. Anyways, if you do want to use the wordmark, VitorioArts, it might look best if you use the track and other sports version that JPDesign posted that image of.

It take the biggest problem with the current crest, the stars, and makes it even worse. Ditch the stars.

Why ditch the stars?

True about the stars and championships, but Italy is the only country (off the top of my head) that incorporates the championship stars into the design of the crest. And, despite yesterday's result, I don't think the USMNT is going to confuse anyone by including the stars. The USWNT, on the other hand, might, but they include the stars outside the crest.

I'm not against seeing a good crest without the stars. I just don't think it's realistic for a country with stars on its flag.

I agree. The not including stars and stripes in a full USA logo it will feel empty.

Why ditch the stars?

Uruguay does as well. They have 4 stars at the top, 2 for their WC championships and 2 for their South American. I just like the idea of straying from the flag altogether. If it weren't for the Philly Union crest, it would make for an ideal USA crest.

Archived