U.S. Soccer Crest Concept

VitorioArts

It take the biggest problem with the current crest, the stars, and makes it even worse. Ditch the stars.

Why ditch the stars?

Because stars in soccer suggest World Cup titles.

True about the stars and championships, but Italy is the only country (off the top of my head) that incorporates the championship stars into the design of the crest. And, despite yesterday's result, I don't think the USMNT is going to confuse anyone by including the stars. The USWNT, on the other hand, might, but they include the stars outside the crest.

I'm not against seeing a good crest without the stars. I just don't think it's realistic for a country with stars on its flag.

Uruguay does as well. They have 4 stars at the top, 2 for their WC championships and 2 for their South American. I just like the idea of straying from the flag altogether. If it weren't for the Philly Union crest, it would make for an ideal USA crest.

Why stray away from the flag? I feel like that is the only way to go, if not both the stars and stripes, i feel like you need one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

That logo makes me think of Philadelphia Union - perhaps changing name to United.

Also, the whole scene about stars in the logo, I know Ghana has a star in their logo because of the flag, Camaroon, CAR, Congo, Eq Guinea, Liberia, Morocco, STP, Togo, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Australia, Tuvalu, Cook Is, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Paraguay, Chile, Honduras, Dominica, Panama, you also have the Muslim countries which include the Cresent and Star in most of their logos like Turkey, Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Tunisia and South Sudan... I think it's safe to say that stars are ok being inside the logo.

Archived