Players wearing outdated equipment

mad43dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The equipment itself, not the design. Usually done by older players that keep their style with them.

Examples:

Jamie Moyer's pants

0418_Jamie-Moyer_630x420.jpg

What's wrong with wearing pants that show stirrups in baseball? I wouldn't call it outdated, but more of a needed throwback look in today's game of thuggish, baggy baseball pants.
Mccarthy is right i meant the tight mid calf look.
Hunter Pence and Brendan Ryan both do the tailored pants like Moyer did as well.

Not really. Those guys pull their pants up to their knee, but they're long enough to wear at the shoes if they wanted to.

Jamie Moyer's are pulled as low as they can go and they stop midcalf, which was the style in the 80's and early 90's. That's the difference.

cde409440780fc27be16a683534d7143.jpg220px-Brendan_Ryan_warming_up.JPG

While Ryan's are baggier, Pence does have his pants cut short, and they are slightly tighter than Ryan's

Pence.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Stockton still wearing the short shorts was so awesome. I'm suprised no other player has gone back to this look to make a statement.

What statement would that be making? "I like to wear short shorts" statement.

kirby-puckett.jpg

robin-yount.jpg

Here is the sock height that is being referring to.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Stockton still wearing the short shorts was so awesome. I'm suprised no other player has gone back to this look to make a statement.

What statement would that be making? "I like to wear short shorts" statement.

The statement is "sky's out thighs out". Its a statement on the importance of man-thigh. I don't think basketball is ever going to re-embrace that culture. The man thigh movement isn't really fitting for basketball anymore :lol:.

The Lakers did in 2007 for a night...

tumblr_mr7v2fULHV1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

tumblr_mr7v2fULHV1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

That looks so bad, cause the jersey is so baggy. If it were tighter, it actually wouldn't look that bad.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Greg Maddux also wore the early 90's tight fitting pants in 2007 with the Padres

Greg_Maddux_2008.jpg

And this might also count. Mariano Rivera wearing the same Nike Cooperstown cleats he was wearing since the mid 90's

RiveraAllStarSpot.jpg

especially since 90% of cleats today don't have the tongue flap

321396201592_1.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

That looks so bad, cause the jersey is so baggy. If it were tighter, it actually wouldn't look that bad.

I wish he could have gone all out and included Michael Cooper-style socks.

cooper_original_display_image.jpg?137527

Archived