Players wearing outdated equipment

mad43dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TW: unpopular opinion!

ge658.jpg

Gray uniforms. They had their purpose in an era my great and grandparents were alive and teams had pennies for a budget. Now they are severely outdated.

Considering EVERY teams wears them, I would disagree

I can emphasis with a lot of these players when it comes to comfort-

I played hockey- somewhat competitively as a goalie. I switched to a newer reebok chest protector and looked/ felt like Optimus Prime. I couldn't get comfortable-

I went back into the past, and pulled out a Chest protector from 1995- couldn't be happier. Much like brodeur, it's what worked best for me and my needs. I was 8 when this was made- but it's awesome. Happy I was able to find it.

I gotta lose some weight though- I'm getting much too close to Brodeur.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Favre chinstrap quirk somehow wound up living on in Rodgers, right down to unbuckling it after every single play

107784876_crop_650x440.jpg?1293900818

And this thread recalled to mind the discontinued shoulder pads worn by Ed McCaffrey

MACAFF.JPG

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Stockton still wearing the short shorts was so awesome. I'm suprised no other player has gone back to this look to make a statement.

The Lakers did in 2007 for a night...

That looks so bad, cause the jersey is so baggy. If it were tighter, it actually wouldn't look that bad.

I wish he could have gone all out and included Michael Cooper-style socks.

cooper_original_display_image.jpg?137527

Nevermind the high socks...how about that draw-string hanging outside his shorts?

Any football player who wears the standard riddell or schutt helmet is wearing outdated equipment, as a current football player helmets like the revo speed are miles away in safety protection and comfort.

Yet, you can clearly see the amount of concussions in football has increased since the modern helmet arrived.

Sure, you can make the argument that the number of concussions hasn't really risen, just the documentation/diagnosis of said concussions, but the raw numbers do not support the current "safer" helmet...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4667163/urlacher-briggs-stay-old-school-with-helmets

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Archived