SE7 Personal Logo

bosoxlover12

It's your personal logo.. It kind of depends on if you are happy with it or not. It's not really up for us to critique.

Isn't this a place to post artwork to get feedback on regardless of it's intended use? If feedback will help him improve it, why not post it?

I think the 7 fits in there nicely but it isn't obvious. Maybe making the letters less blocky could add some life to this.

I'm wondering if rounding or angling (I hope you know what I'm saying as I don't know what better terminology would be) the edges of the S that don't form the 7 would help the seven stand out more. The edges I'm thinking of are the top right and then that one below it. Version 2 is definitely best but I think you need to find a way to make the 7 more noticeable.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's your personal logo.. It kind of depends on if you are happy with it or not. It's not really up for us to critique.

Isn't this a place to post artwork to get feedback on regardless of it's intended use? If feedback will help him improve it, why not post it?

I think the 7 fits in there nicely but it isn't obvious. Maybe making the letters less blocky could add some life to this.

Chris_Paul_Logo_zps0cc5a3b7.jpg

tinysig.jpg

I like the concept. You do see the S and E and the negative space 7, but I think its a bit generic. Work with the shapes of the lettering more. It's too blocky, generic, and futuristic. I mean, if you were aiming for that great, but I think you can be way more creative with what you have now. Don't be afraid to add some flare to this.

Hmmm.. I think that things like that shouldn't be so obvious. I've been a sports fan for years. Throughout college and the pros and still to this day I find out things in logos I've never noticed before. I think the seven shouldn't be as obvious but something you find out and notice and then you're like "oh hey cool"

My problem is that your design name is SE7, but when we see it like this it reads S7E. Maybe find a couple ways to have the seven afterwards just to see if you can make it work.

I like the concept. You do see the S and E and the negative space 7, but I think its a bit generic. Work with the shapes of the lettering more. It's too blocky, generic, and futuristic. I mean, if you were aiming for that great, but I think you can be way more creative with what you have now. Don't be afraid to add some flare to this.

I do agree with this though. I think the last 3 personal logo threads, including ones for pros it's really common to do the initials of the person and to sublimate a number or another letter in. Some are awesome, but it seems to be the most common from what I've seen recently.

I plan to do a personal logo soon so I can put something on my work but I'm not sure if I'm going to go with my artist name (Dylan Wonka) or my real name. I feel like more designers and concept makers I know and talk to a lot call me Wonka, I've almost created a name change on myself.

Hmmm. I see exactly what you're trying to do here, but I agree with the others about the 7 becoming a more obvious part of the design. When I first looked at it I didn't even see the seven. Some thing I thought of while thinking of ways to rework it was to bevel it at a certain angle in which the center 7 becomes prominent. Using a third color to make it pop more could also make it more noticable. Here I quickly did this in Paint.net (so it isn't the best) but I feel something along these lines could work.

SE7+Logo.png

Hope this helps

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Archived