Ugliest Pro logo to win a championship ?

Rays

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chris-pronger-cup.jpg

The... Mighty.... Dicks?

I'm guessing this is just an unfortunate angle and/or sweater crumple, otherwise that designer needs to be shot.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

chris-pronger-cup.jpg

The... Mighty.... Dicks?

I'm guessing this is just an unfortunate angle and/or sweater crumple, otherwise that designer needs to be shot.

It's especially funny because it's Chris "I don't wanna play in Edmonton" Pronger.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

chris-pronger-cup.jpg

The... Mighty.... Dicks?

I thought you guys would get a kick out of that picture. As did I.

chris-pronger-cup.jpg

The... Mighty.... Dicks?

It's especially funny because it's Chris "I don't wanna play in Edmonton" Pronger.

A.k.a. Chris "I threw the game puck in the trash" Pronger.

b7efd7879b73c293b1627881c9b24f700e03560e

Something about seeing this combination of sweaters playing in the Cup Final makes me aesthetically-unpleasant (along with everything design-wise in the late-1990s, from the advertisements on the boards to the radicalization of team logos).

The logo (and monochrome colour scheme) of the L. A. Kings isn't very good - the original crown (with the purple and gold) is a vast improvement, but with them winning another championship in them we are guaranteed to be stuck those jerseys for a long, long time.

I don't think any championship winner in the NHL has ever as bad a logo as the toilet bowel swirl of the Hurricanes.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

[q

The... Mighty.... Dicks?

A pretty good and intimidating name imo.........def. not something you wanna F with .........unless of course you swing that way

The first time I thought about this was after the Lightning beat the Flyers to advance to the finals. I actually thought "wow, if they win, that'll be the worst logo and uniform to win a major championship". I don't think much worse has come along since.

So, starting the year the Lightning won, I'd say:

1. Lightning

2. Ravens

3. Mavericks

The logos / uniforms just don't look befitting of a champion. The Lakers have a bad logo, but it's not "silly", or "extreme", or anything embarrassing. Plus their uniforms are pretty classy. The teams mentioned here just looked silly holding their trophies.

The Mavs weren't that bad, but I had to fill out a top 3. If the Bucs or Jags ever win, they'll take the top spot by FAR.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Still looks like a non licensed video game version of the LA Kings.

LA Kings 2014.

I love shield logos when they are done right and this one is perfect.

It's really not. The shield the use is a miss-mash of the chevron logo and their original shield logo, and it uses the worst parts of each. The crown logo is far too detailed to be used at that size, and is barely recognizable on TV. And that LA font is awful and doesn't work with any of the other fonts that the team uses. It is a poorly slapped together logo.

Just use the crown logo.

Everything said is true. God, every time I see this logo I cringe. It looks like a poorly drawn up division 3 American soccer crest, and that's probably the nicest description of what the LA Kings logo looks like.

No purple? Okay. Getting rid of that nasty clip art crown as a logo? Okay. Replacing it with this? Quite possibly the only backwards step you could make with what the Kings used to have as an identity. Unfortunately my hopes of a complete rebrand have probably been lost after this title, I guess I'm going to have to get used to seeing this crappy crest for at least 10 more years.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived