USA Soccer Logo/Crest Update

Goallinedesign

• 1 month later...

sorry but i got to speak my mind ......and i disagree with some of the changes you have made (and other peoples opinions as a result) but agree with others

• i actually like the shape of your first concept better, i feel it was unusual, and this gave it character i also felt it gave the logo a more yankee patriot feel if you know what i mean, i understand that yours is a young footballing nation comparative to mine but i think an logo that reflects this would make you look more distinguished, right now you look like a team formed in 1996, when you were at the 1950 world cup (you beat us remember) - think of it this way your football has matured considerably in the last couple of years .... its time to stop dressing like an 18 year old (put down the skinny jeans and skateboard you look horrendous) pick up your pipe and smoking jacket and join the rest of us football old boys in the drawing room for a spot of brandy, you have earned it (no seriously my sense of humour aside you CAN act your age quite comfortably now)
  • i liked the colours on the last two better, the gold looked out of place on the old one
  • the typeface improved on the newer two as did the removal of the word soccer (and no its not because its not called soccer its cos i like the stars better lol)
  • the simplicity, the stripes should remain plain, and remove the football, less is more and i think the star on the top looked better and would round off the crest better if combined with the ones below, plus i feel since the badge is going on a football shirt it will be enough, and when you consider footballs popularity in your country compared to other sports i think it shouldn't scream its a soccer shirt, you see newest theorys on shirt design look at how good the shirt looks off the field with a pair of jeans, and in the case of america its a good idea to have the shirt speak for itself
  • i also liked the star in the A, but not when their are other stars on the badge thats just overkill, so taking it out was a good idea, speaking of stars does the USMNT have any achievements its proud of?, i hear they have won the CONCACAF Gold Cup 5 times perhaps the amount of stars on the badge can signify this? i mean England has a star for every world cup win above its badge and Uruguay has 4 (2 for its 2 world cup wins and 2 for its Olympic wins) but these are above the badge achievement stars, no one says you cannot have the ones on the physical badge mean something though so im wondering if you should consider this

those are just a few of my suggestions - sorry for the ramble lol

Archived