Do you like your team's current uniforms?

Phils Phan

Montreal Canadiens : The home is perfect, I love that even the collar matches the bottom stripes. The away I definitely a great jersey, just the collar that gets me some I guess. The white looks off where it does in the collar to myself at least.

Toronto Blue Jays : Such a beautiful identity, hard to complain about anything. Nit picking is just the outline of the front script, but even then I like it.

Baltimore Ravens : I personally love the number set, colours and such. Pretty content with the identity. Tweaks maybe? but even then I don't feel theirs an obligation to change anything currently.

Brooklyn Nets : Well, I'm definitely a fan of the black and white. I love the Brooklyn across the chests. Not a fan of the numbers used, would rather see a completely balanced line weight though the fact the numbers are thin in the first place I appreciate. I love the simplicity of the jerseys but I'd tweak a few things, keep the simple lines on the side, but I'd probably adjust the shorts and collar areas.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers: No. Hate them.

Packers: Very, very good but the jerseys desperately need to be fixed. Move the shoulder stripes onto compression jerseys and they'd be nearly-perfect.

Nets: I live in uni-fear that they'll start to mess up their fantastic look. Rare is the team that gets it so right on the first try.

Seahawks: 7/10, not as exciting a redesign as I would've liked, but I totally disagree with anyone who lumps this in with the "Nike ruined my football team" group. The only change that NEEDS to happen is switching out the front and back number pattern fills for the solid silver of the TV numbers.

U-M football: 9/10, not much to comment on here, except for maybe the alts. I hate the striped yokes. The solid yoke looks fine. The Sugar Bowl shoulder stripes should be put on the regular home/away jerseys.

U-M basketball: 7/10, drop Adidas. Our look is generally fine, but then we occasionally get the Adidas template treatment, like with this brand-specific tech showcase. And please don't ever do something as illegible as this again. Now that we're officially allowed to acknowledge the Fab Five again, let's do it with some throwbacks.

UDub football: 8/10, again, I don't understand the Nike hate. Yeah, the allegedly stadium-inspired shoulder stripes are sort of dumb and basically a template showcase (and aren't even consistently shaped across the different jerseys), but when you have a uniform package that basically allows you to create any look you want (including a retro one), then it just comes down to what combinations the Huskies end up wearing.

UDub basketball: 7/10, I could do without the Nike collars, but I'm actually jealous of the sublimated back patterns their teams get (if only we didn't have to protest Nike and get stuck with the template kaisers of Adidas at U-M).

USMNT: 6/10, the primary would be a 9 on its own, with the only change necessary being shifting from a polo to an actual shirt that you would wear while playing sports (even if the look seems a little too close to England), but that popsicle secondary brings the look way down, not by being an absolutely horrible look, just by not being the sort of respectable, enduring design that U.S. soccer needs to establish.

Liverpool: 5/10, not a fan of the piping with the upcoming primaries. This past season's were definitely better, even if I don't like polo collars. Really, it's hard to even rate Liverpool's uniforms, with them significantly changing every season.

Mariners: 6/10, unexciting.

Sonics: Bring em back!

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Vikings - Yes, I'm still a big fan of last year's update. If they added a pair of white w/stripes road socks it would be perfect IMO

Tigers - Home, hell yes. Road needs some minor work.

Buckeyes - Pretty much satisfied with their standard set... I'd like to see a slightly darker gray and/or a sheen on the pants so they don't just look vaguely dirty. I'd appreciate it if they'd calm the hell down on the alternative uniforms.

Arizona Diamondbacks - No, I'd like to see them go back to the turquoise, copper, purple & black, simple because it was unique and looked good.

Phoenix Suns - No, I'd like to see something more along the lines of a modernized 1968-92 version.

Arizona Cardinals - Yes & No, I think the basic uniform is okay, but hate the "blood clot" look and don't see the purpose of the black uniforms other than the $$$$.

Arizona Coyotes - Yes.

Yankees- Classic look with the pinstripes at home, the aways are nice as well the inconsistent NY logos are the only real flaw 9.5/10

Heat- Love the look, the logo is nice the heat marks on the "t" in heat is cool, slanted numbers are unique, wish the used yellow a bit more than black but that's just my preference 8/10

Falcons- Worst look in their history, but with a team with a strong uniform history it's not that much of an insult. The Bird F logo is nice, jerseys aren't as bad as people say but the piping down the side really needs to go. And unlike the Heat I wish the Falcons used black a bit more. 5/10

Lightning- BORING 3/10

Huskers FBall- Classic helmet, classic look, but confusions with Wisconsin and the one-ugly-Adidas-alt-a-year system needs to go. 7.5/10.

Huskers BBall and Baseball- Just generic Adidas template stuff 4/10

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Kings - add a hem stripe on the home set.

Dodgers - drop the piping on the roads, ditch the road alts

Angels - drop the A by itself sleeve patch

Lakers - change the name font. It's too modern by comparison.

Chargers - ditch the navy pants

LMU basketball - It's changed so much that they just need to start over. Current logo font spelling out "LOYOLA MARYMOUNT" like the Gathers/Kimble days

VmWIn6B.png

Yankees- Classic look with the pinstripes at home, the aways are nice as well the inconsistent NY logos are the only real flaw 9.5/10

Heat- Love the look, the logo is nice the heat marks on the "t" in heat is cool, slanted numbers are unique, wish the used yellow a bit more than black but that's just my preference 8/10

Falcons- Worst look in their history, but with a team with a strong uniform history it's not that much of an insult. The Bird F logo is nice, jerseys aren't as bad as people say but the piping down the side really needs to go. And unlike the Heat I wish the Falcons used black a bit more. 5/10

Lightning- BORING 3/10

Huskers FBall- Classic helmet, classic look, but confusions with Wisconsin and the one-ugly-Adidas-alt-a-year system needs to go. 7.5/10.

I see Germanshepherd has no problem jumping on bandwagons.

Clippers: meh. I like the design, but the color scheme is boring and generic.

Chargers: no. The Spanos family needs to listen to the fans and bring back powder blue full-time. Period.

Rays: no. Boring, generic garbage. They had a perfectly fine identity from 2001-2007 that stood out among the league, but scrapped it in order to look like all the other teams that boringly wear navy.

Kings: no. Between the Bettman piping, the inconsistent hem striping, and the pit stains, this is a typical Reebok Edge disaster. Aside from that, they need to be wearing purple and gold, not silver and black. Unfortunately, the team's recent run of success has most likely rendered these clownsuits untouchable for the time being.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nets - love the simplicity if black and white, my only complaint is the number font. I hate the way the six and the nine look. Would love to see a black and white fauxback of the New York Nets blues except with it saying Nets instead of New York.

Giants - love it except for the grey pants. I feel the sets would look much more crisp if they were white. Also would like to see blue incorporated into the aways, I feel the last sets aways were superior.

Mets - I actually miss the black uniforms (I know I'm like the only one on these boards with that opinion). But I do like the new set overall.

Blue Jackets - perfect as is. I'd be fine if they never changed ever. The alternate uniform is a nice change of pace every so often, but should never become the primary

Bengals - absolutely not. Going on year 11 of hating these uniforms. If you had asked me this question any time from 1996-2003 I would've said they were perfect.

Reds - I can live with them. I'm glad they're no longer wearing vests, pinstripes, or black hats on the road anymore. The number font has grown tired and I wish they'd eradicate all traces of black, but overall they're not terrible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Mets - I actually miss the black uniforms (I know I'm like the only one on these boards with that opinion).

Not a Mets fan but I miss those too. I also think they missed a great opportunity during that era by not converting these into regular alternate jerseys, with a 59FIFTY based on this. The mistake they made was forcing black trim onto their regular home and road where it didn't look good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

BOSTON BRUINS - Perfect home and away, need a gold alternate.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Great home, need red side panel stripes to be same thickness on pants and jersey. Silver pants both home and away, burn the navy pants.

BOSTON CELTICS - Put "BOSTON" on away jersey! DONE!

BOSTON RED SOX - Perfect home and away, ditch any alts except the hanging sox cap it's awesome!

ATLANTA BRAVES - Perfect home, ditch away cap, ditch any alts.

HAMILTON TIGER-CATS - Near perfect, never wear monochrome black. Change to gold helmet (or at least add a gold helmet option)

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Auburn Tigers - design wise, of course. Top 10 look in all of sports. The cut is pretty bad though. Under Armour's template truncates all the stripes, makes the numbers too small, and just doesn't look right. The pre-2011 cut was so much better.

Jacksonville Jaguars - the jerseys are pretty nice, the sublimation works well. The pants could use a full length stripe, but it's not terrible. I really thought the helmet would grow on me, but it hasn't much. Matte black just doesn't work well in the NFL in my opinion. If they wen't back to the candy black-to-teal lid from 2009, these uniforms would be pretty good.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

San Antonio Spurs - Yep; rock solid and, of course, five champions always sweeten the look. I do dread, however, the return of the Fiesta colors in some really bizarre adidas offshoot.

New Orleans Saints - Same, although I'm somewhat against the rest of my family in really not liking the black pants, be it away and especially at home. Our gold, while not the true old gold, is our distinction so just going with the all-black look is silly.

USC Trojans - Classy as anything.

GR30a5H.png

Lightning- BORING 3/10

I see Germanshepherd has no problem jumping on bandwagons.
(Slow Claps)

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Arizona Diamondbacks - No, I'd like to see them go back to the turquoise, copper, purple & black, simple because it was unique and looked good.

Phoenix Suns - No, I'd like to see something more along the lines of a modernized 1968-92 version.

Arizona Cardinals - Yes & No, I think the basic uniform is okay, but hate the "blood clot" look and don't see the purpose of the black uniforms other than the $$$$.

Arizona Coyotes - Yes.

Arizona Diamondbacks: Wordmarks need work. Hate the "D-Backs" script. Extremely minor league. Even though I like the current colors, Purple, Turquoise, and Color was iconic. I miss the sleeve trim.

Phoenix Suns: The purple aways look fantastic. The home whites need work. I dislike the collar, the sleeved orange, and the shorts. Especially with the short logo. Really inconsistent with the rest of the look. I dislike the use of black on the jersey even though its very minimal.

Arizona Cardinals: Ripoff of the falcons. I like the black jerseys in concept, but they look like a Falcon's clone. Black piping and new nike template makes it look dated despite how "trendy" its supposed to be. Cardinals never really had a great look and they are in need of an upgrade.

Arizona needs a revamp across the board except with the Coyotes.

Bruins- Home and roads are perfect. Just replace the alt with a yellow jersey and they're all set.

Red Sox- Everything is good except the red alts. They need the piping that they used to have back. Maybe bring back the 70's red cap to be worn with the red jersey as well.

Blue Jays- Perfect. Though I'd like to see them drop the navy outline from the road jerseys, and possibly introduce a white front panel cap to be worn at home occasionally.

Patriots- I don't mind the current look, but it could be better.

Celtics- Perfect minus the :censored:ty alternate

Michigan State- Looks fantastic in every sport.

Cubs: Yes, except the new "road alt"

Colts: Timeless, but I wish they still had some stripes on the socks

Pacers: I like them, but for some reason I don't like the circular logo on the shorts. Maybe just the "P" instead.

IUBB: Yes, as long as Fred Glass doesn't give in to Adidas temptation like in this past year's B1G Tourney.

Eleven: Amazing! Diadora is actually a nice outfitter too, I like the way the jersey fits.

Zach.

Archived