Do you like your team's current uniforms?

Phils Phan

Blackhawks: Yes. While the sweater has remained unchanged, the crest has gotten "happier" over the years, if that makes sense. It has also gotten larger. I preferred the less happy, smaller crest with the tan border, but I can't complain too much. Both the home and road sweaters are incredible and have not changed in pattern since I became a fan in 1993. I wasn't much a fan of the black alternate that debuted in the 90s, but I did like the Winter Classic sweater that became our alternate for a few years. I'd like to see those come back. They were pretty sharp.

I would like to see the NHL re-adopt the whites as the designated home sweater.

Cubs: Yes. I love the home whites. It's a classic, clean, beautiful uniform. The road uniform could use some work, and I'm not much a fan of the new alternate they've used this year with "CUBS" across the chest rather than "CHICAGO." There's room for improvement there. I absolutely hated the blue alternate that Zambrano chose to wear so much. I can't recall which year we ditched it, it was around 2007 or 2008, but I was glad to not have to see that one for a full year. Colored jerseys belong in batting practice to me. I prefer a strict white at home, gray on the road system.

Bills: No. I was not a fan of our previous uniform set by any means, and when I heard that change was coming I was initially excited. The new uniforms are far too gimmicky. The logo shows up way too much and I'm not a fan of the wordmark on the front either. The collars are atrocious and the stripe pattern is boring. The previous throwbacks were by far my favorite Bills uniform and I believe should've become the full-time uniform with either the white AFL throwback for the road or a white version of the home uniform with inversed colors and the same stripe pattern. The stripe pattern is what I particularly loved about the uniform. It was unique, and there was no need to litter the uniform with logos and wordmarks in order to make it recognizable to out-of-towners as a Bills jersey. If it were my choice, I'd bring back the old throwback as the permanent uniform and go back to the red helmets as well.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rays: For the most part, I like them. It's much cleaner than the previous set, but it feels so plain especially with a color scheme like theirs. I would like to keep the current color scheme but use the original uniforms for them.

Colts: Heck Yeah!! One of the most classic uniforms in NFL history and hasn't changed much from the Unitas days.

Louisville football: Perfect is all I need to say. Classic look with a modern touch and one of most underrated uniforms in College Football. Heck, the monochrome even looks good on them.

Louisville basketball: Take off the giant bird logo and it would look great.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Ravens - Yes. Other than the black pants needing a stripe badly, there's nothing seriously wrong with their look.

Dolphins - Yes, but they need more orange. I also wish they would've done the new dolphin in the shape of the old one.

Sharks - No. The color balance is off, and the front numbers are horrid. Why they decided to make a jersey set based on the lame black jersey I'll never know.

Pelicans (Home team) - No, no, no. I'm okay with the logo, but the jersey & colors are such a disappointment. They claimed to want an identity that was unique to New Orleans...so why did they come up with something that looks like it could be stuck anywhere?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Georgia Bulldogs- Great. Eagerly awaiting the silver pants whenever they decide to fix them and would love to bring back the black alt jersey but I'm not complaining.

Atlanta Falcons- Needs help. Too overly piped out and loud for my liking. Need to bring back a modern interpretation of the 1966 throwbacks we've worn the last few years. Red helmet with new logo. Take the route of the Vikings update and it would look fantastic.

Atlanta Braves- Solid but could use some condensing. The new red alts for 5 games in the entire season is an upgrade but I'd drop it completely along with the tomahawk cap. I am fine with the cream and navy alternates and the road cap. Leave it at that.

US National Team- Solid. I love the road ensemble and how vibrant the colors are on the field. The home is classy but a bit generic. Still awaiting the day they release a red sashed version of the home kit. For all the sash kits we have had of late (WC 2010 home, away, GC 2011, WC qualifying hoops and navy with white sleeves both with tonal sashes) they haven't gone back to the true original sash of red on white. Come on, man!

Braves- Yes. Love the whites/greys. Don't mind the alternates but I would only wear the whites and greys if given the choice.

White Sox- Yes. Love all the current looks. I kinda wish they would only do the throwbacks a few times a year instead of every sunday but overall i like that look too.

Pacers- No. It is so bland and boring! I'm one of the few that didn't love the pinstripe look though. I would rather them go back to the FloJo's or the ABA look or go something new.

IU basketball- Can't mess up the look although Adidas tries. The "Indiana" block font is skinnier that it used to be and they put a raised border around the numbers which looks dumb because it's the same color. And the garbage they wore for the Big Ten tournament isn't worth the comment.

IU football- For the most part, yes. I like the uniforms home and away. And I like all of the crimson helmets we have. I like the candy stripe helmet as long as they wear it at night. The chrome pops more at night. You can't even see it in the sun. I wish they would go back to the plain white helmet/white facemask though.

IU baseball- I love the Indiana script. I like the pullovers. I do wish the greys had Indiana instead of Hoosiers. They could have the crimson alts have Hoosiers instead. I like the old throwbacks too. But Adidas gave them garbage "Sox" pullovers(which they wore this year) and they also had the new garbage uni's for this year's tournament too.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Bucs: Of course not. Absolutely terrible. Could be fixed with major changes. New logo is a downgrade. Hoping this look only lasts them a short period of time.

Rays: Not the most exciting identities, but an upgrade over ther previous "dated" look. Wish they would wear their Sunday powder blue alternates more and make a Tampa Bay script. Add a couple small changes but still, a fine look.

Lightning: Terrible. Clipart logo, crappy Toronto jerseys, and just a terrible identity. In favor of a complete rebrand if it means getting rid of the current look. I did like the old look.

US national team: Happy with current home uniforms, not so happy with the away. I've kinda grown approving of it as of late, but still not a huge fan. Crest needs update.

FSU: New logo is crap. One of the worst moves in sports history. But the modern uniforms are fantastic and I welcome the change.

Kentucky Wildcats Football - Yes, but I would love to see the black uniforms burned.

Kentucky Wildcats Basketball - Love our current uniforms and hope they are not changed for another year.

** NOTE **

1. I grew up loving the Cleveland Browns, but since they left in 1995 I never adjusted to the new team as it was never the same, so I followed the Patriots due to Belcheik and actually follow several NFL teams.
  2. I have always pulled for two team is major sports usually one from each conference.

New England Patriots - Love the uniform, the piping gets old to look at, but I can get with it as I am so over Patriot Pat.

Houston Texans - Yes, one of the best looking uniforms in the league.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Yes, love the Vegas Gold

Colorado Avalanche - No, miss the 1996 set.

Boston Red Sox - No, I hate the grey road uniform with the blue numbers.

Cincinnati Reds - No, I miss the black in the uniforms.

Boston Celtics - Yes, it's a classic.

spacer.png

The Jaguars had a classic look for a young expansion franchise with the Fred Taylor era uniforms. It's really a shame they went away from that look.

I've been disappointed with both of their new uniform reveals. The first one looked like a trendy uniform that had no lasting qualities. The thin stripes were pathetic and removing gold from the set looked odd with a gold logo on their helmet. On their current look, I think the set has potential with a few tweaks. They need to eliminate the gold on the two-tone helmet. I am not a fan of that pant stripe either. The jersey and numbers are a bit over the top but I can at least live with it.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Browns - Love the brown pants, but wish they had stripes. I'm sure that will happen with next years update. Really looking forward to the update. I was in favor of them retiring the Browns name & colors when they came back in 1999. Since they didn't I'm ready for something completely different & modern.

Cavaliers - I just love the fact that they are wearing the original wine & gold. I hope they never change team colors again!!!

Tribe - Fine with what they wear. Only wish they wore a block C cap with a navy crown and a red bill. Maybe have the Chief Wahoo cap logo go back to the size it was in the 90's too.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Blackhawks: it's all good

Cubs: I've never liked the current road uniform, and the CUBS road uniform is all-time bad. I hate the dumpster bear logo and would rather they just not have a secondary. I'd like for them to have a blue alternate that more faithfully updates the 1984 uniforms, with red and white cuffs/collars and the primary logo. White pants, too, maybe.

Bulls: don't need all the silly alts, don't need the logo on the back, but that might be gone now anyway with Jerry West moving to that spot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: The striping and colours are absolutely perfect. The logo is horrible. So I'm at an impass.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: I like the logo. Uniforms could use a few tweaks but they're not the abominations this board makes them out to be.

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: When I started following baseball in ~2007, and was looking for a team to follow, I jumped on the SF bandwagon for a couple of reasons. They had a storied history and some exciting young players like Buster Posey and Tim Lincecum, they were my moms favourite team (and she's the baseball nut in the family) and they played in a beautiful stadium in one of the great cities of the world. But one of the big reasons is they had by far the best looking uniforms in baseball. And they still do. 10/10.

SEATTLE MARINERS: I also have a soft spot for Seattle because they're the nearest team, so if I want to go watch a game live I usually end up cheering for the mariners. I justify this to myself by them being in a different league than SF They have nice uniforms and logos. I like them.

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS: Great logo, meh uniforms

49ers- Yes. Best in the NFL imo.

Giants- Yes. Not the best, but top 5.

Sharks- Eh, the new versions are boring and plain. Still one of the best logos. The black alternates are sick.

Jazz- Yuck. Hated the redesign. Ditching purple for navy blue ruins the entire point of throwbacks. The main logo went from "Purple Mountain's Majesty" to "Green Mountain Tragedy". We should go back to the 1996-2003 uniforms. Purple/Teal/SkyBlue/White/Copper with the mountains.

Jayhawks- Yes. Hated when we changed the font to Trajan, but otherwise theyre classic.

Ducks: No, and I hope that finally changes this offseason. I like the third and wouldn't mind it becoming the new home, but I'd rather have something new.

Is there some sort of trademark issue thats preventing the Ducks from using the old Mighty Ducks logo? Why do they stick with that terrible duck foot "D"? The Donald Duck mask was an instant classic. IMO the Ducks need a full re-design. Colors too.

If there was a trademark issue, they wouldn't have used it for throwback night last season. Or the third jersey shoulder patch.

I don't mind the web foot D logo, and I've grown to like the colours but I don't think they're being used effectively enough. Especially evident on the boring home jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived