Do you like your team's current uniforms?

Phils Phan

Cavs: Alright, not a fan of the current primary logo, but love the gold alt.

Browns: Good, want to see orange pants, white facemask and more Brownie

Indians: Good, love the home and navy alternate, hate the cream alternate, indecisive about the away jersey
Crew: Yes, really like both the color and clash

spacer.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Wings - 9/10 (including both Winter Classic jerseys)

Seahawks - 8/10 - needs more neon green on white and grey jerseys and pants. Better than the double blue look of before

Mariners - 9/10 - bring back the teal bill full time

USA Hockey - 6/10 - throwbacks great, 2014 sochi unis not terrible but not great

Michigan State fball/bball - 8/10 - football is sometmes too bland for me, basketball is good

Boise State fball - 7/10 - needs something on the sleeves and pants

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Flyers - yes

Sixers - needs some reworking but on the right track after dropping the black

Phillies - yes, but also could use a few touchups (reverting to their 60s script would look nice yet not drastic)

Eagles - need the most changes. It's pretty obvious the fans are all tired of the midnight green and black combo. Will never happen with Lurie in charge though

Overall pretty happy

St. Louis Cardinals: The home whites are perfect. Unpopular opinion I do not like the cream alts, and please DeWitt family listen to the fans. We want the navy cap worn for every road game.

Chicago White Sox: Put the diamond sock logo back on the road grays.

Chicago Bears: As long as the navy pants are worn with the road white jersey this team's set is hard not to like.

Chicago Bulls: In my opinion their look is rivaled only by the Celtics. I prefer the Jordan era pinstripe black alt though.

St. Louis Blues: Scrap everything except the alt and revert back to the mid 2000s look.

USC Football: Perfect

Liverpool FC: Too much piping on the new kits.

USMNT: How hard is it to match the shade of blue to our national flag?

Ole Miss Football: Yes. Except the Navy pants with the "REBELS" on the side and the White pants. Hate those. Stay with Grey full time. Would like to have a throwback powder blue helmet in the mix as well.

Ole Miss Baseball: Perfect (except the pinstripes). Especially the White.

Alabama Football: Perfect. Iconic. Would like a White helmet though here and there.

New Orleans Saints: Eh.. Could be better. Think the White on Black is the best look. Don't like the Gold pants at all.

Atlanta Braves: Perfect. (Just like Ole Miss in a way).

New Orleans Pelicans: No.

jajtww.jpg

Bulls: Great. No suggestions

Chisox: Home fine but the aways have issues: (1)Sox logo on the cap and sleeve is redundant; bring back diamond-sock patch back (2) the pant stripe no longer matches the sleeve trim. (3) I would like to see the wordmark include a tail with "White Sox" spelled out inside it, as they did with their powder blues in the 1970's.

Bears: Very good. Creativity without rules to give it context is chaos, and all the panels, swooshes, etc. on NFL uniforms these days is chaos. The Bears remain simple and strong. For me, perfect would be to return to the even simpler Butkus uniforms,

Nothing I would change about the Canucks uniforms. The Orca is a beautiful logo that represents the area perfectly and those colours are the best in the league. Unfortunately people on the Canucks boards are advocating a change... Even going as far as to say they should adopt the millionaires identity :angered:. That would be an absolute travesty.

Morgo, I know that you are a huge fan of the orca logo but let's face reality here...the orca is WRONG for the Canucks on several fronts. Keeping it would be an absolute travesty. I don't dispute its revelance to Canada's west coast. However, the Canucks, now under the Trevor Linden regime, need to get on with having a "Canucks" brand. That brand should only include the skating Johnny Canuck and the Stick 'n Rink C. I am more than okay with either one being the primary and the other being the shoulder patch/third jersey crest. Here is what's wrong with keeping the orca:

1. An orca has nothing to do with what a "Canuck" is. The logo was forced upon the Canucks' identity by the former ownership, Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment. Originally, Orca Bay management initially wanted to change the name of the team to "Orcas" because potential hockey fans in the U.S. wouldn't know what a "Canuck" was. Orca Bay also wanted to cash in on the same marketing success as the San Jose Sharks.

2. The orca logo has no connection to the club's days at the Pacific Coliseum. The Western Hockey League Canucks started playing at the Coliseum in '68 and Johnny Canuck, whom the Canucks are named after, was their primary logo. Johnny should have been the club's NHL identity from Day One, in all due respect to the simple and elegant Stick 'n Rink, which also should not have been replaced in '78. That year was one of the worst years in franchise history because the first uniform and logo change started the club's identity crisis.

3. The orca is a cheap version of true Haida-style art. There is not even a stitch of green in the logo. It's eye, sorry to say, looks like Grover's from Sesame Street. With the "Grover" eye and grinning Haida teeth, the orca looks either constipated or if it's giving birth.

4. While the orca logo is popular among Vancouver's international communities and to tourists alike, it is wrong to cater a brand to just a few demographics. The Canucks are Canada's third oldest NHL franchise and its proud name and heritage goes back to 1945. They badly need to go back to their roots. Also, the team font needs to change from the cheap Agency font back to the traditional and more legible block-style font. Adding a green border and some green to the collar would look great.

For those fans who like the orca, there is always the possibility of the NBA returning to Vancouver. What better name for an NBA franchise than "Orcas"? They can use the Grizzlies old colours, black, white, red, and turquoise, which would suit an "Orca" brand perfectly.

Cowboys - ...yes and no. (Just match the colors)

Spurs - Hell yes.

Rangers - yes. Except the logo. I miss the '94 ranger badge.

Stars - grown to like them.

TCU football - yes... But I'm curious to see a little red used more...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Nothing I would change about the Canucks uniforms. The Orca is a beautiful logo that represents the area perfectly and those colours are the best in the league. Unfortunately people on the Canucks boards are advocating a change... Even going as far as to say they should adopt the millionaires identity :angered:. That would be an absolute travesty.

Morgo, I know that you are a huge fan of the orca logo but let's face reality here...the orca is WRONG for the Canucks on several fronts. Keeping it would be an absolute travesty. I don't dispute its revelance to Canada's west coast. However, the Canucks, now under the Trevor Linden regime, need to get on with having a "Canucks" brand. That brand should only include the skating Johnny Canuck and the Stick 'n Rink C. I am more than okay with either one being the primary and the other being the shoulder patch/third jersey crest. Here is what's wrong with keeping the orca:

1. An orca has nothing to do with what a "Canuck" is. The logo was forced upon the Canucks' identity by the former ownership, Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment. Originally, Orca Bay management initially wanted to change the name of the team to "Orcas" because potential hockey fans in the U.S. wouldn't know what a "Canuck" was. Orca Bay also wanted to cash in on the same marketing success as the San Jose Sharks.

2. The orca logo has no connection to the club's days at the Pacific Coliseum. The Western Hockey League Canucks started playing at the Coliseum in '68 and Johnny Canuck, whom the Canucks are named after, was their primary logo. Johnny should have been the club's NHL identity from Day One, in all due respect to the simple and elegant Stick 'n Rink, which also should not have been replaced in '78. That year was one of the worst years in franchise history because the first uniform and logo change started the club's identity crisis.

3. The orca is a cheap version of true Haida-style art. There is not even a stitch of green in the logo. It's eye, sorry to say, looks like Grover's from Sesame Street. With the "Grover" eye and grinning Haida teeth, the orca looks either constipated or if it's giving birth.

4. While the orca logo is popular among Vancouver's international communities and to tourists alike, it is wrong to cater a brand to just a few demographics. The Canucks are Canada's third oldest NHL franchise and its proud name and heritage goes back to 1945. They badly need to go back to their roots. Also, the team font needs to change from the cheap Agency font back to the traditional and more legible block-style font. Adding a green border and some green to the collar would look great.

For those fans who like the orca, there is always the possibility of the NBA returning to Vancouver. What better name for an NBA franchise than "Orcas"? They can use the Grizzlies old colours, black, white, red, and turquoise, which would suit an "Orca" brand perfectly.

I see what you are saying, but the Orca Whale represents the west coast and the Pacific in general. No one wants to see an ugly lumberjack carrying a hocking stick on the front of a jersey, it just looks weird.

200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.pngLet's go Canucks!!!

~Daniel Law

I see what you are saying, but the Orca Whale represents the west coast and the Pacific in general.

They aren't the Vancouver Northwestern Coasters. Either Johnny Canuck logo is a step above the orca. I'd even tolerate the generic stink-in-rink over it.

Modernized stick n' rink would make for a fine primary logo. Just put it on the current Home and Away template with either the unused "VC" logo or the Johnny Canuck emblem. Full bodied Johnny Canuck is way too cartoonish and detailed for a primary logo.

Twins: Hats are perfect, but bring back M hat. Get rid of home uni, and make cream the home. Get rid of navy away, and make an away alternate with cursive twins script

Patriots: Pretty good, but I wish they could still wear their red jerseys

Montana Grizzlies football: The best in college football (tip of the cap to Nike for that)

Montana Grizzlies basketball: They need a silver uni with maroon word mark

Minnesota Gophers: Get rid of the yellow jersey: the maroon is fine

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Texas A&M Football - Yes, best uni they've ever worn

STL Rams - Current: Boring but not bad / Throwback: Very nice, but I don't care for yellow pants. I think the throwbacks should have white numbers with yellow stroke, and white player name, helmet horns should have thin white stroke, and pants should be white with blue and yellow stripes. But then again, if they were like that, they wouldn't be "throwbacks".

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived