MLB Expansion: New Orleans Brass

prrams95

As I started in my last topic, http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97434-mlb-expansion-carolina-hammerheads-jersey-updates/#entry2183189 I looked into the expansion of MLB baseball to bring it 32 teams in the league with my national league team the Carolina Hammerheads. Now after a few days of getting back at it, work can be a real B**** sometimes, I wanted to unveil my American League Team, The New Orleans Brass. I really find New Orleans could be a wonderful place to place for an MLB team and just thinking of what a beautiful ballpark they could have if they design one in the style of southern architecture and Bourbon street it would be a neat place to go see a game. Now with that being said I played more off of the color of brass than instruments so as you'll notice there are non in the logos/uniforms themselves. With the Uniforms obvious white for home and grey for black. But the alt can be worn at both and there is no specific cap the team would wear at home or away its what ever combo they would want to go out on the diamond in. And what would an NOLA team with a Fleur-de-lis in it. So as always please C&C and thank you.

PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE TO EXPAND IT, EASIER TO SEE OBVIOUSLY

15qyqgg.png

pittsburghbanner.jpg

Looks like the Pelicans and the Saints had a baby.

Basically, I really liked the pelicans script and thought it would look good for an away jersy in baseball, and as far as the saints go its hard to put a fleur-de-lis in something and not come out with something saintsy looking. And I'm all for teams using the same elements from each in a city, me being from pittsburgh where every team is black and gold. But I see your point in that I probably used to much of the others identity and didnt create much of their own.

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I can dig it.

The only sticking points I have are:

1) The front numbers, which should be level with the "NO" on the homes and have no place being paired with an arched wordmark as theya re on the roads

2) The black logo on black cap

3) I'm not too wild about the NOLA cap

Not sure about "Brass" as the team name, and it's not that pronounced on the Uni's anyway. They're about as vague as the Nats unis.

Change the name. I know its appropriate given the city, but it sounds like @$$. Jazz would work but Utah already has that covered in the NBA. Your other NBA confliction is that you're using the same font the Pelicans use. Your uniforms look like the Pelicans turned into a baseball team. Try to find a similar font to what you have and change the name to something else Orleans-esque. If you didn't have the conflictions, then I'd say amazing concept, but even with that, its a great idea

You can't just blatantly rip off the Pelicans' font. Sure, if it wasn't a custom font, but that is just stealing the wordmark because your lazy and thought it looked good. I really like the home and the alt (granted you switch the font), but you need to get rid of at least two of those hats. Four is way to many for one team.

spacer.png

Change the name. I know its appropriate given the city, but it sounds like @$$. Jazz would work but Utah already has that covered in the NBA. Your other NBA confliction is that you're using the same font the Pelicans use. Your uniforms look like the Pelicans turned into a baseball team. Try to find a similar font to what you have and change the name to something else Orleans-esque. If you didn't have the conflictions, then I'd say amazing concept, but even with that, its a great idea

there's the St. Louis Cardinals & Arizona Cardinals and there's the San Fransisco Giants & New York Giants... Oh and the New York Rangers & Texas Rangers... I think two Jazz teams could work...

Personally, I'd ditch 2 of the hats. Kick out the black hat with black lettering as a game hat, it'll sell as a fashion hat in stores. I'd also ditch the white panel "truckers" hat.

The fleur-de-lis cap I'd do some color swapping. Make the hat black, the fleur-de-lis and bill the gold. That would be a winner of a hat. Dark bills with light colored crowns rarely look good.

​The rest of the design is pretty solid. I agree with going with Jazz as the name instead of Brass.

I like it but you need to change the font and name.

Here's some suggestions:

Captains?

Jesters?

Spirit?

Crescents?

And here's my favorite idea: The NOLA Swamp Sox

Spirits!

And to piggyback off of the original post, I too can only imagine how magnificent a southern architecture ballpark along the river next to the French Quarter would look like. Add in some NOLA spirit voodoo and that'd be one hell of a place to visit.

Btw, both your Brass and Hammerheads concepts are second to none. Now I'm wishing they were both in the league and I've been pulling for Montreal and Portland.

Archived