The National Bounceball Federation - *NEW* - Action Templates

CAB

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MILWAUKEE HOPS

Milwaukee will be home to the next NBF team. I've been looking for an opportunity to create a more classic looking team in this league. You know, the team with an unconventional name that would otherwise be considered stupid if not for the "history" behind it (Cubs, Bills, Lakers, Knicks, etc). So I present to you the Milwaukee Hops. Obviously, to honor's Milwaukee's brewing history. In keeping with the classic feel I was going for, I wanted to keep this identity a simple one-color/white look. I used a forest green and white, along with a brighter green to be used only as an accent color. This branding here focuses mainly on simple green and white with diamonds to give reference Bavarian culture. The general shape of the hop is consistent in the primary logo and the alternate M shield. I feel like the soccer crest-style logo would look appropriate on a soccer -style jersey, and after all, there are no rules for bounceball unis. Both uniforms are very simple with a sublimated Bavarian pattern on the jerseys. The same pattern is also found on the home paddle and court. Oh yeah, and the Hops name is also very appropriate because the game is bounceball, and the ball takes lots of hops. Hence the "Lob City" inspired t-shirt.

14570533696_fdab64670e_o.png

14406991249_b21f364bca_o.png

14406928290_69b96914f8_o.png

14592898032_50732aaaac_o.png

This is the best one yet. Are you going to actually simulate a season somehow?

I don't know about simulation, but I might do some all-star, playoffs, and championship stuff if I have the time.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

This one's my favorite yet. I tend to prefer "traditional" concepts so I really like what you did with the Hops. I can definitely imagine the green and white being one of the NBF's signature color schemes and the logos feel very classic too! Plus I like how the court is simple. I'm not a big fan of extravagant courts.

Love that you used my suggestion and love even more what you did with it... especially when it reminds me of the old Bucks colors that I miss so much.

(Almost) everything about Milwaukee is great. I love the double green and the Bavarian diamonds, and the logos are all really well done, especially the hop. The only thing I don't like is the front number on the home uniform. It's the only shirt so far to have a front number--if that feature will be like in hockey, where a couple teams do it, so be it. I just personally like more consistency with that type of thing.

Keep up the good work!

PORTLAND AXEMEN

After a short break, here's the next team, the Portland Axemen. I had a couple different ideas for a team name, most of them centering around the lumber industry or the "Rose City" nickname. I liked the idea of Thorns as a name, but there's already a women's soccer team by the same name (with a decent logo I might add). I considered Lumberjacks as well, but it's a little too close to Jackalopes for my liking. The red and black color scheme is inspired by the stereotypical lumberjack plaid flannels. And the silver matches their color scheme to the Blazers, much like the Seahawks/Sounders in Seattle. The primary logo is pretty self-explanatory; a swinging axe that forms the shape of a P. The plaid pattern I used similarly on the uniforms to the Bavarian checkers for Milwaukee. The home uniforms are fairly simple with plaid stripes on the sleeves and socks. I thought this was good opportunity to use contrasting shorts, too. The clash unis are probably one of my favorites I've done in this series with a sort of plaid gradient.

14663351122_2d1b9c7d9e_o.png

14477083168_d2be1e061b_o.png

14660490531_c3e790d29a_o.png

14477078519_f2dbb13bc2_o.png

6 down, 2 to go.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I don't know how this thread isn't getting more love...

I really like the uniqueness of the logos. The ax "P" is great. And the script is amazing too. I like the gradient plaid on the court for them, and I wish that you had meant that with the gradient on the clash personally.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I think it needs green to be honest. Let it tie in perfectly with the Portland Timbers identity. It's a good look, but adding the green would defenitely improve the look.

I disagree. I like the red and black scheme, especially since it ties into the plaid you mentioned. I think you should push the plaid theme even more, especially on the court.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I think it needs green to be honest. Let it tie in perfectly with the Portland Timbers identity. It's a good look, but adding the green would defenitely improve the look.

I used red/black to tie in with the Blazers, since they would play in the same arena. And I want Milwaukee to "own" green in the NBF.

Archived