The National Bounceball Federation - *NEW* - Action Templates

CAB

Man you nailed it, great work! The updated primary looks much more like you intended, making the outline the Vegas sign is pure genius.

Those uniforms are exactly what I had in mind when I suggested it, great execution of the critiques CAB!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VIRGINIA CAPTAINS

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to go with either a marine or naval theme for Virginia. Turns out, a lot of Virginia-based teams have already used a few of the naval names I was considering (Destroyers, Admirals) so I chose the next-best thing, the Captains. I think this is a very appropriate name that is very rarely used in sports. So in going with that, this entire identity is heavily inspired by the US Navy. Navy blue was an obvious choice as the primary color, and I chose yellow (gold, whatever) as the accent color as most pins/stripes on navy uniforms are gold. The alternate is a stylized version of a captain's insignia. The wordmark uses a drop-shadow that is prevalent on most navy ships. Continuing the theme onto the uniforms, I felt Virginia would be a team that can wear white as their home uniforms, as naval officers wear all-white in the summer. The home unis are very clean, with navy shoulder inserts as a nod to a captain's uniform. The four-stripe design is something that I also used heavily on the clash uniform. I considered using a different chest logo for the clash, but I think the primary shield is strong enough for both uniforms. The court is navy to contrast with the home whites, featuring a sublimated wave pattern.

14538868354_751375329e_o.png

14536980101_445ede66e4_o.png

14536980061_974ef53058_o.png

14353756269_31962b4098_o.png

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Maybe instead of a shield around the captain's head use a porthole or a rope in a circle or something. I feel it would fit with the naval theme a bit more.

Other than that I love it. Certainly my favorite so far. Great work!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

To me, the skewed primary shield doesn't match as nicely with the secondary (which is incredible, by the way.) Maybe try going more straight on with it?If I had to comment on one thing, that's the only thing that catches my eye, and it's admittedly a nit-picky detail. Well done!!

To me, the skewed primary shield doesn't match as nicely with the secondary (which is incredible, by the way.) Maybe try going more straight on with it?If I had to comment on one thing, that's the only thing that catches my eye, and it's admittedly a nit-picky detail. Well done!!

Agreed. The secondary logos are straight on, as the primary logo is beveled and skewed, its inconsistent.

Also what if you used more sublimination, on the clash, maybe in a sash. I think that could look good and add more to the uniform.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I will say that many teams have 3D primary logos with "flat" secondary logos as they tend to be more simplified with a monogram or some other symbolism. But I did work on a version with the captain head in a circle. I'm in phone right now, I'll post it later tonight.

About the name: I wanted to avoid using any one city name, I think "Virginia" is more inclusive to the whole metro area. They'd play in Virginia Beach anyway, so Norfolk isn't really an option.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived