Worst / best "behind homeplate look" in MLB ?

Rays

One of the worst has to be the Rays at the trop.......there is an aisle, allways movement, and the creepy idiot that welcomes people is allways in the TV shot, how can the pitcher concentrate with all that :censored: going on in the background ?......ARGH, so crappy !

Any stadium with empty "premium" seating behind the plate looks awful.

Honorable mention:

GboLRz1.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

They pretty much all look the same... Theres the dirt with homeplate, then grass or turf, followed by another pathway of dirt, then a wall thats either brick or padded and typically has sponsors on it. Granted the Marlins are one exception, as they have aquariums but those are rarely seen in the straight on home plate shot. The one thing that changes is the fans, either its packed or its not... And if you are paying so much attention to the fans in the background are you really even a fan of baseball to begin with? : P

The best 'behind homeplate look' is whatever stadium has the most hotties or that Nationals game where the fan had his wife smell his armpits just because thats hilarious (yet quite disturbing).

nationals-fan-smell-my-arm-pit.gif

I don't like the contrived brick that so many teams have. It was cool at first, then everyone started doing it. It's silly in the cases where it's the only thing in the infield that is brick and is obviously there just for tv.

The Pirates limestone is cool. I don't care for Washington's stone look. Doesn't target field have a unique look?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There is no way that what is behind the plate distracts the pitcher.

Agreed, I have never heard of an MLB pitcher complaining about being distracted with motion behind home plate.

If motion was an issue, then why does anyone sit back there anyways.

Busch stadium's brick is actually pretty nice. Don't think there's any chance of distraction, considering all the people waving towels back there in the playoffs

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They pretty much all look the same... Theres the dirt with homeplate, then grass or turf, followed by another pathway of dirt, then a wall thats either brick or padded and typically has sponsors on it. Granted the Marlins are one exception, as they have aquariums but those are rarely seen in the straight on home plate shot. The one thing that changes is the fans, either its packed or its not... And if you are paying so much attention to the fans in the background are you really even a fan of baseball to begin with? : P

Sorry dude, i am a big fan.......there are just so many fat bastards in the stands stuffing their traps, that it is impossible to not notice, and bitches with cell-phones of course..........but i still ask, why have an exit where there is constant flow of waiters with food going back and forth, right behind homeplate, should be 10 feet to either side.

This isn't a best worst opinion, but an observation about Busch Stadium's backstop appearance.

I swear that when the stadium opened in 2006, the brick siding on the wall left room for a rectangular terra-cotta insert with the words "BUSCH STADIUM" engraved in the ballpark font, Brothers.

At some point—maybe as early as early as 2007—they removed the terra-cotta insert, filled in the brick, and then attached individual letters spelling out "BUSCH STADIUM" in the same font.

I'm not sure why, but I preferred the initial version. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find proof that it existed. I want to say the green screen for national TV ads obscured the set up meaning postseason video from 2006 is no good, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check my DVDs when I get home, now that I think about it.

Can the picture see the aquariums behind home plate at Marlins Park? I am not sure, but that would be my favorite as I thought that was a pretty cool idea when they built the stadium.

35524-full.jpg

spacer.png

Archived