• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a Tartan?

A tartan is that plaid pattern that is special to each Scottish clan. Scottish clansmen would where kilts of this pattern to represent their clan and family. Sinclair is the clan of the founder of the college. It's a weird team name, I know. Remember this though, there is team called the Fighting Artichokes. Their current logo is a lion that has grey and red stripes along with their "S" logo.

image.png

Glad you guys are digging that Banana Slugs logo. I'm currently working up a basketball version using that Slug logo. Wanted to do a baseball one but they don't appear to have a baseball team so I went with basketball.

@suplauren, yeah, I know they go by UCSC or UC. I just added the OF since in the original logo seal it says University of California & also to fill some of the negative space on my version but I can always remove it if you guys think/feel it shouldn't be there.

Thanks again all, for stopping by!

I came out of the UC system, and I think anyone in the system would find it really weird to say. U of C just isn't a part of the identity in California like some other states. Even Berkeley, the original UC, doesn't ever use it, they tend to be called Berkeley or Cal. I definitely see the taking up space, but what if you centered UC in the upper area of the circle and put lines on either side?

@suplauren, I'll post the logo without the OF in between the UC & maybe I can think of something from the state or school itself to add next to those letters so it doesn't look so empty.

@TRoyConcepts, are you asking if you can post some high school logos on my thread you have done? If so you can easily start your own thread for those if you want.

@suplauren, I'll post the logo without the OF in between the UC & maybe I can think of something from the state or school itself to add next to those letters so it doesn't look so empty.

@TRoyConcepts, are you asking if you can post some high school logos on my thread you have done? If so you can easily start your own thread for those if you want.

No I mean I'd love to suggest some high school logos. Sorry for the confusion

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Oh ok, think that would be better as a whole other thread. Unfortunately I've got my work cut out with colleges alone! Cranking out redesigns is much more time consuming than just doing a simple restoration/update of a logo. Who knows, maybe someone else on these boards would consider taking that on.

Archived