• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be picky but it looks more like a lynx than a bobcat. We had both where I grew up.

I hear you, it's very possible I used pictures of a Lynx instead of a bobcat as my reference. Just googled bobcat & used a couple pictures I liked without really reading about the photo.

Aren't lynx and bobcats one and the same? Just asking, because I read somewhere that they were.

Didn't do to much researching but a quick look up says this: Take the bobcat and lynx, for instance. The former is a medium-sized cat with long, tufted ears and a short, bobbed tail, while the latter is, well, a medium-sized cat with long, tufted ears and a short, bobbed tail. Yet they got slapped with different names and assigned to different species. So what gives?

Believe it or not, there's a method to the madness. While bobcats and lynxes are separate species, they do belong to the same genus, which, coincidentally, happens to be the Lynx genus.

Ren, I think your bobcat has too much fine detail in the fur. If the college did use that, a lot of is would end up blurry in small print or embroidery. Also, I agree with the other poster, how long the cheek and chest fur is is making me feel lynx more than bobcat. But that's not a massive deal.

I can see where the detail could end up looking blurry in smaller format. Guess I went a little over the top with the detail on this one, lol. As for it looking like a Lynx well...since your the second one to mention it, guess I did use lynx pictures as my reference, oops!

Thanks for the comments guys. As for the sharks teeth..I wanted to keep the design clean & simple so I didn't want to add detail to them but I did feel it was important to emphasis the teeth enough to give the shark an aggressive look. Normally when a shark is swimming (not attacking), it's bottom teeth are the most visible but I wanted the top ones to show just as much in my rendition.

Archived