• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks GO RED SOX, Appreciate the kind words! I see what you mean on that Spokane logo, those toes on the footprints tend to get a little lost. I'll fix that & post it later on.

GOPATRIOTS, many of them I'm sure would like to rebrand but for what ever reasons they may have just don't & the one's that do prefer to have it done by a professional logo design company which unfortunately I'm not. I won't mention their name but I even had a college reach out to me asking for ideas on a rebrand of their school! They saw my update to their logo on my vintage logo thread. Here is a couple of the emails of what they had to say:

Sir,

I am writing to ask first, where did you get our logo from and second, if you had any ideas for a redesign/rebrand, what would they be? I am looking to help move us into the 21st century with our logo and need ideas. Thank you sir.

When I asked if they would be interested in taking their logo & talks of a rebrand to the next level, this was the response I got.

Well, I am in the midst of having a company do a logo, but I am always looking for multiple options for the students to vote on. We can't pay anything until we got a design we like.

I hope that school gives you chance. That's too bad the others would rather have a professional do theirs. Well anyway keep up the good work! These are awesome!

Unfortunately, I don't think this individual & school ever really had any intentions in commissioning me. He was simply trying to get ideas from me to pass on to whoever they already have or whoever they're going to hire to work on their rebrand. As always, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks GO RED SOX, Appreciate the kind words! I see what you mean on that Spokane logo, those toes on the footprints tend to get a little lost. I'll fix that & post it later on.

GOPATRIOTS, many of them I'm sure would like to rebrand but for what ever reasons they may have just don't & the one's that do prefer to have it done by a professional logo design company which unfortunately I'm not. I won't mention their name but I even had a college reach out to me asking for ideas on a rebrand of their school! They saw my update to their logo on my vintage logo thread. Here is a couple of the emails of what they had to say:

Sir,

I am writing to ask first, where did you get our logo from and second, if you had any ideas for a redesign/rebrand, what would they be? I am looking to help move us into the 21st century with our logo and need ideas. Thank you sir.

When I asked if they would be interested in taking their logo & talks of a rebrand to the next level, this was the response I got.

Well, I am in the midst of having a company do a logo, but I am always looking for multiple options for the students to vote on. We can't pay anything until we got a design we like.

I hope that school gives you chance. That's too bad the others would rather have a professional do theirs. Well anyway keep up the good work! These are awesome!
Unfortunately, I don't think this individual & school ever really had any intentions in commissioning me. He was simply trying to get ideas from me to pass on to whoever they already have or whoever they're going to hire to work on their rebrand. As always, thanks for the feedback!
Well that's too bad they should really consider you, because you are a really good designer. Your welcome, I love this thread! Ill look forward to more posts on here!

Could you do J. Sargent Reynolds CC? That's my local community college. They only have intramural sports so they don't really have a mascot... Also you might have to google the original logo for inspiration.

Fear the future, envy the past

Holy crap. That's a neat take on the wishbone-C that we've all seen done to death. It's amazing what a little touch like two other extra notches can do! (The bird is so wonderfully designed, too!)

I'd love you forever if you took a stab at my alma mater, the UMass Lowell River Hawks, who have a PDW cluster:censored: right now...

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

After talking to a friend, he suggested I adjust the pupil to make his expression slightly more aggressive.

LogoTemplate_CabrilloSeahawks3.png

LogoTemplate_CabrilloSeahawks4.png

What a difference. Now he appears to be more focused and determined, as if he's targeting potential prey.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Holy crap. That's a neat take on the wishbone-C that we've all seen done to death. It's amazing what a little touch like two other extra notches can do! (The bird is so wonderfully designed, too!)

I'd love you forever if you took a stab at my alma mater, the UMass Lowell River Hawks, who have a PDW cluster:censored: right now...

Glad you like this Cabrillo logo. I can't take credit for the C design, that was already part of their identity. My main focus was the Seahawk which IMO looks dated & then to make the two elements more unified.

@ GO RED SOX

Yeah, it's funny how a small adjustment makes a big change! Sometimes when I'm working on these I"ll overlook certain things or I'm not 100% satisfied with it that I have to sit back & really focus my full attention on it after it's complete or ask a second set of eyes for feedback to figure out what's missing to make it finally come together. As was the case with this one.

Thanks for stopping by!

Glad you like this Cabrillo logo. I can't take credit for the C design, that was already part of their identity. My main focus was the Seahawk which IMO looks dated & then to make the two elements more unified.

@ GO RED SOX

Yeah, it's funny how a small adjustment makes a big change! Sometimes when I'm working on these I"ll overlook certain things or I'm not 100% satisfied with it that I have to sit back & really focus my full attention on it after it's complete or ask a second set of eyes for feedback to figure out what's missing to make it finally come together. As was the case with this one.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sure thing! If this thread isn't inspirational, then I don't know what is.

In my view, that Cabrillo College Seahawks logo is perfect now.

Geez, Ren, can't you please mess up at least one of your next logos, just for a change?

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I'll try! Thinking of doing UMASS next, so that might be one people will take shots at since there seems to be a love hate situation there when it comes to the logo having teeth. Personally I like their older logo better. The new full bodied one is cool but the stand alone head is kinda odd looking. So you see, those who love it as is & with teeth will not think much of my redo. I'm also gonna do this one pretty quick which gives it more of a probability of not turning out well thus giving you the messed up logo your asking for, lol.

Ok...as I mentioned yesterday, I went ahead & did UMASS Lowell pretty quick so this one is actually more of a revamp rather than a total redesign. I also added their current identity wordmark to it. As always, feel free to leave your C&C. Thanks All!

LogoTemplate_UMassLowell1.png

LogoTemplate_UMassLowell2.png

I like how you skillfully avoided the whole bird-with-teeth issue :)

For fun, here's what I did when I revamped their old logo:

6QG6UPL.png

I like how you tied it together with the blue outer circle.

Thanks suplauren, appreciate your comment. I remember that revamp of yours, good job with it! Didn't you do a version with a hockey stick also? Not sure why many people dislike the logo having teeth. The majority of vintage mascot logos show their teeth & IMO they look cool. Guess it's the cartoony factor they probably want the logo to get away from.

Ok...as I mentioned yesterday, I went ahead & did UMASS Lowell pretty quick so this one is actually more of a revamp rather than a total redesign. I also added their current identity wordmark to it. As always, feel free to leave your C&C. Thanks All!

LogoTemplate_UMassLowell1.png

LogoTemplate_UMassLowell2.png

Okay, Ren. I think, now it's official: You keep failing to disappoint, no matter how hard you try!

Superb update of an outdated and (in my view) ugly logo.

Ren, can I have your permission to post UML's on the school's Facebook page? As a graduate (class of '10), I'd be proud to see THAT emblazon the school's uniforms and advertising. It's that good.

(For the record, the whole thing looks better without the shading/beveling.)

Sure can stumpy, glad you guys liked it! Let me know what kinda feedback you get from it over there.

Archived