5 hours ago, ren69 said:

Thank You Red Sox.  I actually had the outline on there just opted to leave it off.  Here it is so you can check it out.

Thanks Suplauren.  The reference photo I used has this "on top of a hill" look that I liked so it's larger up front & kinda gives it that thinner look.  I had some detail in the neck area that I also chose to leave out but added it back in to see if that makes a difference for you.  I'll see about possibly changing up the front legs.

LogoTemplate_SouthernUnionState2.png

Perfect!

Edit: Something happened to the "S" in "SOUTHERN".

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the bison, and the pose/angle of the bison is pretty unique when thinking of other bison/buffalo logos. If you decided to include an alternate version of just the head, that could nicely complete the package.

The thing about this whole logo that is throwing me off is the simple blue box outline around the letters. In this case where the bison fur/hide is so wild (as it should be), the boxy look around the letters gives the bottom half of the logo a completely different smooth feel than the rugged top half. 

(That and like Go Red Sox said, the S somehow got moved on your update.) Other than that, I like a lot about this, and you're really adding to your list of high quality redesigns.

3 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I like the bison, and the pose/angle of the bison is pretty unique when thinking of other bison/buffalo logos. If you decided to include an alternate version of just the head, that could nicely complete the package.

The thing about this whole logo that is throwing me off is the simple blue box outline around the letters. In this case where the bison fur/hide is so wild (as it should be), the boxy look around the letters gives the bottom half of the logo a completely different smooth feel than the rugged top half. 

(That and like Go Red Sox said, the S somehow got moved on your update.) Other than that, I like a lot about this, and you're really adding to your list of high quality redesigns.

Thanks Hahn, always appreciate your input.  I got home from work last night & did those quick edits I didn't even notice the S when I repositioned it on the template guys but it's fixed now.  Went ahead & tried a more roughed up look for the font frame..."think old western sign".  A WESTERN feel is what I wanted all along for this design and is the reason I chose that style font & had a sunset in the background.  A stand alone head would be a nice addition & will see about adding it later.  Hope these edits make it more unified & complete.  Thank you all for the suggestions & comments!

10 hours ago, ren69 said:

Thanks Hahn, always appreciate your input.  I got home from work last night & did those quick edits I didn't even notice the S when I repositioned it on the template guys but it's fixed now.  Went ahead & tried a more roughed up look for the font frame..."think old western sign".  A WESTERN feel is what I wanted all along for this design and is the reason I chose that style font & had a sunset in the background.  A stand alone head would be a nice addition & will see about adding it later.  Hope these edits make it more unified & complete.  Thank you all for the suggestions & comments!

Everything looks very nice, my only suggestion would be to lower the eye and cheek highlight just a bit. Great work as always!

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Hey Ren,

I'm procrastinating, so I tried to pull a few other interesting mascots, if you're ever looking for some inspiration:

logo-athletics.png

This logo is pretty good, but I thought you may have fun with a gecko mascot.

MCC%20Thunderbirds%20small_13.jpg

I don't remember if you've done Thunderbirds, but this one has some wild colors that could be fun.

thumbnail_default.jpg

I don't really understand why the Lamar 'Lopes have an R shaped logo... and I can't remember if you've done a pronghorn. But I love pronghorn logos, and it'd probably be fun!

6 hours ago, suplauren said:

Hey Ren,

I'm procrastinating, so I tried to pull a few other interesting mascots, if you're ever looking for some inspiration:

logo-athletics.png

This logo is pretty good, but I thought you may have fun with a gecko mascot.

MCC%20Thunderbirds%20small_13.jpg

I don't remember if you've done Thunderbirds, but this one has some wild colors that could be fun.

thumbnail_default.jpg

I don't really understand why the Lamar 'Lopes have an R shaped logo... and I can't remember if you've done a pronghorn. But I love pronghorn logos, and it'd probably be fun!

Hey suplauren, 

Inspiration is always welcome, Thnx. I always see that gecko online when searching around for the next potential logo concept but have never considered taking it on guess it's cause it's already a good looking logo as is. I did do a thunderbird logo already it was for UFC. Don't know why Lamar has an R shaped logo either, gotta mean something. A pronghorn does sound interesting. Perhaps after I finish up my current design in progress which is for the Austin Riverbats. Thnx again.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:20 AM, camly said:

Very nice work! Would you mind if I requested a local community college with a logo in need of an update, NHTI?

nhti.jpg

Thanks!

When I did the bobcats logo a few comments made were that it looked more Lynx like so I went ahead & changed the colors & school name to accommodate this one.

LogoTemplate_NHTICC1.png

LogoTemplate_NHTICC2.png

6 hours ago, suplauren said:

I think it's really funny that you could read the RIVERBATS wordmark as RAVERBATS, with how that part of the bat is sort of triangle shaped, haha!

I love the roundel logo, I think it excels. I think it could be cool to work in some river imagery, but it isn't really necessary.

With that being said, do you think the bat should replace the A in Riverbats instead of the I?

Archived