New SportsCenter Set

TheRicSlick

ESPN is unveiling a new set for SportsCenter, IMO it's much better than the old set. But I don't think it needed to be updated.

After breaking ground on it more than two years ago, ESPN is finally ready to show viewers the Digital Center 2. In the 194,000-square foot building, located at its Bristol, CT campus, the sports media giant plans to have a total of five studios, one of which is now officially the new home of SportsCenter. As part of the move, the popular up-to-the-minute news show will be waving goodbye to the old Digital Center 1, a 10-year-old, 120,000-square foot space that has been its home for the past few years. "DC-1 was opened 10 years ago; we were only built for [broadcasting] 4 to 5 hours a day, now we're doing like 17 hours," Rob King, senior vice president at ESPN, told Engadget. "It's been seven years in the making; DC-2 was built to be future-proof." With this in mind, King says the new building is prepared to handle the next wave of technology, whether that be producing content in 4K and 8K, or doing things like adapting shows to be interactive with social media.-from engadget http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/22/espn-digital-center-2/?ncid=rss_truncated

k-bigpic.png

I was wondering when they'd unveil it. Interesting timing, since I'm about 60% of the way through Those Guys Have All The Fun, a collection of stories through quotes about ESPN's origins and rise to dominance.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

People *annoying music* still *dramatic transition* watch *unnecessary graphical elements* Sportscenter?

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

Archived