New SportsCenter Set

TheRicSlick

Getting the chance to go back and forth between the US and Canada the last few weeks, I have got the chance to see the differences between ESPN SportsCenter and TSN Sportscentre. While ESPN's look like it was miles ahead, it had about 60% less highlights, and they seemed to talk about Lebron half the show.

It seemed more TMZ than it did an actual highlights/sports show.

Putting up with Fox Sports 1's odd panels to actually get to some highlights is usually my only option.

Please tell me this is not becoming common place in the 'States?

Getting the chance to go back and forth between the US and Canada the last few weeks, I have got the chance to see the differences between ESPN SportsCenter and TSN Sportscentre. While ESPN's look like it was miles ahead, it had about 60% less highlights, and they seemed to talk about Lebron half the show.

It seemed more TMZ than it did an actual highlights/sports show.

Putting up with Fox Sports 1's odd panels to actually get to some highlights is usually my only option.

Please tell me this is not becoming common place in the 'States?

That's funny because tonight's Sportscenter had a bunch of MLB highlights and World Cup coverage.

bSLCtu2.png

Has anyone else seen the new top 10? It quite literally made me dizzy. I don't mind the new ticker and story rundown, but some of the graphics really upset me. For example when they were showing the possible ways that the US team could advance they kept scanning over the words moving left to right kind of so that I could barely read it by the end. I don't know if Im the only one, but so far I have hated it.

ei_264681_20140622_dsc_9164.jpg

ei_264689_20140622_dsc_0958.jpg?w=1000&h

screen-shot-2014-06-22-at-11-06-17-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-06-22-at-11-20-14-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-06-22-at-10-21-56-pm.pn

ei_256072_20140515_ra1_7039.jpg?w=1000&h

From what little I watched last night/this morning, it looks like they've gone totally ape :censored: with those screens, which I love. I thought it was all green screen stuff but if it is then I was fooled.

The influx of white is very welcome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How did they "rebrand"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I miss the days when sports casts focused more on the content of the material and less on trying to be some bootleg Quentin Tarantino production...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I miss the days when sports casts focused more on the content of the material and less on trying to be some bootleg Quentin Tarantino production...

Those were the days. I also missed the days when our main source of information came from someone who didn't have an '@'. Twitter is slowly ruining the world. Anyway, back on point...I really like the bottom line. It is clean and very easy to read.

Since they're rebranding and all, this would have been the perfect time to rename the show the "Lebron James Praise-A-Thon Hour."

You knew 'today' was coming, didn't you? <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Beat me to it

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this anything important, but is this a new L3 I saw on tonight's episode of SVP's SportsCenter. In case you've sat under a rock the last year, maybe this is another step in the SportsCenter sub-branding of the last year or so?

I like it though...cleaner than the standard one they use on the other SportsCenter shows. You could say it's taking a page from maybe...NFL Network (minus the always-on show logo)

CaptureTEMP.PNG

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived