2014 MLB All Star Game BP Hats

sportsfan0518

I kind of like the Jays cap.

J4SOJj2.jpg

You know, if it weren't that terrible Diamond-Era fabric and if it lost the patch on the side.

These two in particular I think should be the new home hats for the Angels and Blue Jays

DFB6656E-B51C-4C88-B417-E88CD9A6CB73_zps

That cap is amazing, but I can't help but feel they should just make the entire front panel white like their classic World Series look.

I kind of like the Jays cap.

J4SOJj2.jpg

You know, if it weren't that terrible Diamond-Era fabric and if it lost the patch on the side.

These two in particular I think should be the new home hats for the Angels and Blue Jays

That cap is amazing, but I can't help but feel they should just make the entire front panel white like their classic World Series look.

9ptVIyI.jpg

If only the squatchee was blue, though.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Twins, Pirates, Jays and Giants looked great. As did the Orioles, but it's already similar to their current look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Now that all is said and done, I think - at best - you can look at a few teams and imagine it might be a fun alternative once in a while. The rest were terrible and will (rightfully so) never be seen again.

I just can't imagine that they'd sell enough of these things to entertain an argument about using ASG-specific team hats in the future.

The experiment didn't work...nice effort, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw these all-star hats or a variation of them become the new BP hats in 2015. MLB/New Era have to be eager to find a new design to sell consumers on.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw these all-star hats or a variation of them become the new BP hats in 2015. MLB/New Era have to be eager to find a new design to sell consumers on.

yeah....but consumers aren't as dumb as a lot of corporations think they are. Just because you release a bunch of new hats doesn't mean that people are going to go nuts over them and shell out extra money. It's like the vendors don't realize that the consumers have a budget and can't stray to far from that. They just keep offering infinite ways for the consumer to spend their money, but the consumer will never be able to keep up with all the new offerings.

This sales model won't be successful for long.

Random thought. Since New Era made a version of the All-Star game hat without out the patch, could it have been on purpose so that teams could wear the All-Star hats in the regular season? I wouldn't put it past the MLB to try and capitalize on this. If my thought becomes a reality I hope the Blue Jays wear their version on field. Same with my favorite team the Giants (but with their Orange Alt jersey.)

raiders-2.png

Now that all is said and done, I think - at best - you can look at a few teams and imagine it might be a fun alternative once in a while. The rest were terrible and will (rightfully so) never be seen again.

I just can't imagine that they'd sell enough of these things to entertain an argument about using ASG-specific team hats in the future.

The experiment didn't work...nice effort, though.

I bought a Red Sox version, so in my case, it did work.

I'd agree that the game-specfic cap is probably finito...after all, how many other teams have had unique enough caps to warrant that? I can't think of any...

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I like caps with contrasting front panels (sometimes), but I always hate when it's only part and not the entirety of the front panels, like these are. Just...why not do the entire thing? I know the originals were like this and I hate those too.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Random thought. Since New Era made a version of the All-Star game hat without out the patch, could it have been on purpose so that teams could wear the All-Star hats in the regular season? I wouldn't put it past the MLB to try and capitalize on this. If my thought becomes a reality I hope the Blue Jays wear their version on field. Same with my favorite team the Giants (but with their Orange Alt jersey.)

That might be the point. The Twins, Angels, Jays and O's could all pull it off, too.

Those Angels caps do look pretty good, an improvement over the red on red. I've always thought they should have stuck with tradition when they did the last rebrand, though, and worn something like this:

img_3073.jpgmed.jpg

It would have been a beautiful update to a great history of Angels caps (the Disney cap being the exception):

pMLB2-2070479nm.jpgpMLB2-1752709nm.jpgpMLB2-1696894nm.jpgpMLB2-17040046nm.jpgmyPhydKH7-r2I7s9xhPG9DA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

9ptVIyI.jpg

If only the squatchee was blue, though.

But that's not the classic World Series Blue Jay from that era...

That's the point...

610C7C0F-20D9-4DF3-89D3-CCDF615597DF_zps

The Orioles should be wearing this hat during the regular season, instead the white panel hat they are currently wearing.

I'd rather they wear no white panel at all, but if they must wear one, this would be much better than what they currently wear. All it needs is an orange button on top.

Archived