Lisander National Soccer Jersey History

johnrafael

As you can read in this post, Lisander is my Fantasy Nation. Last days I started the history of all soccer jerseys used by "The Stoats". Starting with early uniforms with embroidered Coat of Arms, till modern adidas jerseys to the 2014 World Cup, 110 years of Jerseys.

1904 - 1930

The foundation of National Federation in 1904 marked the beginning of organized football in the country. However, the first teams to approach the concept of national team were made ​​up of players from various teams in nation, which faced the national champion, usually in a festive date after the end of the national championship. The shirts, ​​in the English fashion, were white and had the arms of the Principality. There are only two of them in good condition today.

4bNI67j.png

1930 - 1967

From the 1930s until the year 1967, the selection lisandena used green shirts with gold collars and cuffs. In the chest, a Fleur-de-Lis Golden. During this time, the position of the Fleur-de-Lis varied because the shirts were purchased at retail and sewn. The need for a clear shirt that contrasted with the dark uniform of the opponents made ​​the team adopt a white shirt with green collar and cuffs as a second uniform.

oknLpbe.png

1930 - 1967

In 1967, National Football Federation created its own symbol, which consisted in adding the initials FLF to the shield that had been used in previous shirt. The white shirts with golden sleeves were lucky, but would soon be left out, with the first apparel contract signed by Federation.

vzMkvOX.png

1975 - 1982

From 1975 until the 1982 World Cup, the national team wore uniforms provided by Admiral, who at that time also wore Belgium, Saudi Arabia and England. The green in these uniforms was darker than had been used before, as well as gold. These jerseys also brought a new crest.
UCJB1EC.png

Tomorrow I'll post 1982-1997, after some C+C.

Hey, you practically named a country after me! My real name is spelled differently (Lysander), but stil...

As for the jerseys so far, nice amd simple!

Very nice name, indeed.

Liking all of these, you definitely got the design eras pretty good. Though I think in the early days of the organization they'd have at least one shirt that has vertical/horizontal striping across it.

This should come out quite well, with the colors and crest design.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Excellent job on the Lisander historical national team kit evolution JohnnyRfl. Love the views of the evolution of the kit plus the background info on the kits themselves from period to period.

Question is are you doing any other historical statistics for Lisander?

• Top goal scorer
  • CAPS list
  • What confederation are they in?
  • How many times have they qualified for their confederation championship and World Cup?

Cheers

Excellent job on the Lisander historical national team kit evolution JohnnyRfl. Love the views of the evolution of the kit plus the background info on the kits themselves from period to period.

Question is are you doing any other historical statistics for Lisander?

• Top goal scorer
  • CAPS list
  • What confederation are they in?
  • How many times have they qualified for their confederation championship and World Cup?

Cheers

Many of this informations aren't really possible, because there are 110 years, it would take lots of time. But I can say Lisander is in an Nationstates Confederation, Called IAFF (Impera Association Football Federation). In geographic terms, it would be in CONCACAF. They're founders and 4-time champions of IAFF Cup.

Today, 80's and Early 90's, two decades with lots of... huh... some say creativity, others say horror.

1983 - 1987
In the 80s, bad results, combined with the growth of roller hockey made ​​football fall in importance and number of fans. Completing the scenario, the bankruptcy of Admiral in 1982 left the team without supplier. And the bad phase did not attract other brands. A small national brand called Oxygen began to produce for the national football team. Both shirts come with highly innovative artwork for the season. In 1986, numbers were used in front for first time

eHelgtF.png

1988 - 1989

The periodicity to launch uniforms came with Hummel. The Danish company has released the first set of uniforms in 1988. Was used only in 1988 and 1989 in games against Lorenthia, Teroaz and Alice Bay. It was the first time since 1975 that the shirt back to its traditional green tone.

8EMvvGR.png

1990 - 1993

For the IAFF Cup in 1990, when Lisander got a heroic qualifying for Playoff, but lost in the quarterfinals, Hummel created bold uniforms. The shade of green was totally new, and the shirt won a new symbol (the fifth) and white shirt was replaced by a yellow one. The federation was not pleased with the following proposal and contract with Hummel was eventually scrapped in 1992.'s Shirt was used until the following year.

VHkXMcc.png

1993 - 1997

Umbro was asked to produce the uniforms for IAFF Cup 1994. The national team lost again in the quarter-finals, but the shirts were absolute sales success. In an unprecedented tone green and bringing back the crest used in Admiral shirts, shirts followed the logic of the era as the graphics, but in a more discreet manner that Hummel. Unfortunately, with the end of the contract, Umbro has not produced any more to Lisander.

CVyeg6S.png

Next, 1998 - 2009. We' re half way there.

I'd love to see a followup of this thread with other nations. Mind if I maybe make an attempt at a different nation as well in a different thread?

You're free to it. I'd like to see!!!

BTW, Bump meanwhile I write the post for today.

1998 - 2000

We are in 1998 and Lisander is current (1997) IAFF Champion. The National Federation signs with Nike one month before the start of 1998 IAFF Cup. This jersey gave bad luck. The team have lost 2 matches and tied 1, and were not qualified to quarterfinals.

trRNO7j.png

2000-2003

In 2000, Uniforms changed again, this time for a completely green shirt, just with golden details, like the uniforms some teams for Euro 2000. This uniform was used until the 2003 IAFF World Cup, and won the title in 2002.

YLE6AHw.png

2004-2005

Discontented with Nike, which gave no "first teams" treatment to Lisander, the FLF broke the six-year contract and knocked on the door of the rival Adidas, delivering in a silver platter the opportunity to make the uniform commemorating 100 years of national team. The home shirt turned white, with 3-stripes in gold, and again the 1974 logo returned to the shirt. A survey among fans pointed to this as the most beautiful national shirt ever used.

7c2F6yN.png

2006-2009

In 2006, Lisander joined UNAF, a new international federation. And the partnership with the three stripes had a troubled time. After a first very special collection, the German company has three identical uniforms for Lisander just changing the colors. Some judged lack of originality. The German company has apologized saying it was ''standard'' for any UNAF was and what was stipulated in the contract. The FLF accepted the shirt and lasted until 2009. UNAF International Cup 2006, held in Teroaz, saw the Lisander team reach the vice-championship. This uniform also won two IAFF Cups, 2007 and 2008.

Ik3O2rh.png

This has been an entertaining thread to watch. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

I've been loving this thread JohnnyRfl excellent job on this concept series. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the modern kits of Lisander.

Thanks. 2010-2014 are the next.

Archived