Creamer Concept World Cup - VOTING(FINALS)

raysox

I have a question, are the American-based board members picking USA because it's USA or are you objectively looking at the concept kits of both teams? I only ask because in the Group G competition, the Ghana and Portugal concepts were better designed and thought out then the American one. I guess I'm looking at it from a concept design stand point with no actual allegiances to country. Sorry if I upset to many American supporters on this board with that comment, but it's optics.

GTFO.

I'm kidding, of course. Personally, I very much enjoyed the inspiration of the Portugal concept with the architecture and the tiles, but I didn't think the execution of the concept was there... It never came together as a whole and some of the details (such as the mosaic numbers) were probably better being left off all together.

In the US concept's defense, though the inspiration felt a little light (a modernized centennial crest isn't exactly groundbreaking), the concept was executed very, very well. It was the cleanest concept in the group and it was presented excellently with the player mock ups and all that. I voted Ghana second in the group for being the most original and I enjoyed the kit design. Germany's kit came in 3rd for me, as it was a very solid uniform design and clean concept, the artist just didn't take enough chances and played it too safe to what they already have. Portugal came in 4th for me... As I said before, the inspiration was great, the ideas just didn't come together in a way that would have jump any of the other 3 teams in the group in terms of execution. All in all, that was one of the best groups and a job well done for all four artists.

Thanks for the kind words about my Nigeria concept... It looks like we have a tough road to the final ahead of us, so fingers crossed.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chile over Mexico

Uruguay over Japan

Honduras over Bosnia (really tough call, IMO)

United States over South Korea (that USA crest is one of the best in the tournament)

The Netherlands over Brazil

Greece over England

Nigeria over Ecuador

Russia over Portugal (Russia is easily one of my favorites to win it all. CAB, you should send this identity over to the Russian Football Federation; this would be a great look for the hosts in 2018. ;))

25yzwqg.png

Just want to clear some things up, there are a bunch of run away match ups but the Chile-Mexico one is neck and neck.

The tie breaker I thought would work best was the last 10 votes.

If that's tied, then it'll be the first place votes from the group round(which both teams had 100 points)

So when THAT'S tied, it'd go to 2nd place votes. Chile had 40 to Mexico's 30.

Let me know if anyone has any comments on the tie breaker.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OyAZSf8nZLA72exh3mSxQ_mZ0GjGbXMtvG2tBOXhpVA/edit?usp=sharing

I don't understand the reasoning behind taking the last ten votes as a tiebreaker. Is there any reason you would take that over the first ten votes or any other portion of the votes?

There is no great way to settle a tie. I don't have a problem with using their performance in the group, even though their performance there would be dependent on the other concepts (and to the number of votes cast for the group).

award%20sig.png

Sort of like a "recent performance". Ideally, I want to settle the match up in the head to head because it's against eachother. So the last 10 is just a way to try and break the tie while not throwing any other teams into the eqution.

EDIT
wait, I could just do the last 5 and it won't be a tie. I'm an idiot, that's what I want to do.

Sort of like a "recent performance". Ideally, I want to settle the match up in the head to head because it's against eachother. So the last 10 is just a way to try and break the tie while not throwing any other teams into the eqution.

EDIT

wait, I could just do the last 5 and it won't be a tie. I'm an idiot, that's what I want to do.

Couldn't you just wait until there's an odd number of overall votes to end voting? Or you could be the tiebreaking vote if you have to be. Hopefully it won't come down to penalty kicks. :P

I knew Mexico would be a tough match-up, and it's living up to it. Good luck jdp.

spacer.png

EDIT

The "recent performance" thing doesn't make sense to me because they submitted one design and you opened the competition at one time; now others come on and vote when they see it. Recent performance doesn't really have anything to do with it.

One idea I had was if you used other competitors' votes as the tiebreak. For example, I didn't submit a concept for this competition, so my vote wouldn't be counted for the tiebreak, while those who did submit a concept would have final say. (A peers-grading-peers type of thing.) This could obviously still end in a tie, and you could go on to a different tiebreaker.

You could also go with whoever submitted their concept first. That would be a fairly simple solution to the whole thing.

award%20sig.png

Archived